 Gaming / 940
939  |  941
Subject:
The next big scenario at WAMALUG's BrikWars Game!
Newsgroups:
lugnet.gaming
Date:
Fri, 23 Nov 2001 18:13:38 GMT

There is a large arena for combat. Each player brings an army of
troops and vehicles. At the start of the game, the Computer or Demon
of War will allow each team to choose it's ten best men. These troops
will be allowed into the arena first. Then the computer will instruct
them to find the 'key' to unlock their teams gate. Each gate will be
color coded in some way so that you know when you've found your key.

The arena will be lots of small, mostly unwindowed buildings. I'm
hoping to build them so roofs come off for interior play. They would
be spaced close together, room enough for only one or two minifigs
side-by-side.

In the center of the arena is a tall tower that will be rather
difficult to climb but will provide the only top down view of the
whole area.

Buildings will contain various things:
Bad moster guys.
Hordes of well armed battle droids.
Keys to things (like treasure chests, other buildings, etc).
Weapons (what happens when a TL 2 troop finds a death gun?)
And of course CLUES. I was thinking of actually writing them on paper
and the player who finds it could read it, keeping the other players
in the dark.

And here's where it gets exciting... What happens when you find out
that your opponent is hauling your 'key' around because they stumbled
upon it?

Once teams have found their 'key' (they won't all be keys from HP),
the rest of their army can move in and slaughter the other teams.

This could be played at any tech level, but if we play high levels,
the buildings will be almost completely indestructable.

Please let me know what you think, and/or try it out for yourself!
asneary@shakespearedc.org