 Gaming / 941
940  |  942
Subject:
New space wargame: Fleet Command
Newsgroups:
lugnet.space, lugnet.gaming
Date:
Sat, 24 Nov 2001 21:33:00 GMT

Hi there everyone,

Lucky for me, I have just finished year 12 and, after a streak of
inspiration, I have written a wargame.
Although Brikwars is a great, well written game, I was finding it a bit slow
to play with all of the dice rolling for different things. Being a space and
pirate fan, I also liked the prospect of crews of space men cruising round
in ships and blowing each other up.

So I joined pirate and space together and ended up with Fleet Command. In
Fleet Command, you control a single or fleet of warcruisers and fly arund
space attacking other ships, space stations, etc, much like in the pirate
games. I have written a test version (1.5)and have played a couple of very
basic playtests. I also wrote a computer program to do a lot of the dice
rolling functions. The game is very basic and is more for those who just
want to blow up other ships (no accelereation rules or stuff like that).

I am wondering if anyone would like to test out these new rules and find the
flaws and problems.

The rulebook can be downloaded at www.ozbricks.com/battlespace/fcrules.zip
The Battle Caculator program can be downloaded at
www.ozbricks.com/battlespace/battlecalc.exe but doesn't currently support
correct class details (combat simulator is wrong).

I hope some people can give me some feedback,

Zac Soden
---------
www.ozbricks.com/battlespace