 Gaming / 862
Re: Brik Wars Scenarios IN PROGRESS
Newsgroups:
lugnet.gaming
Date:
Sat, 4 Aug 2001 23:19:04 GMT

I have come up with some scenarios for use in Brik Wars and hope to get some
feedback from anyone who has an opinion. I will list them in their current
(untested) state. I would love it if some of you could test these and tell me
what you find works, or doesn't.

These are all great ideas!

'The Beltway' (The slang for Wash. DC's looping bypass)
The more the merrier
TechLevel: 4
Goal: Take out your road rage on PBB's
Build as many ground vehicles with drivers as possible. Divide the vehicles
evenly between the players. Each player secretly chooses a driver to be an
Abnormal Person and hides a pistol in the vehicle for added chaos. Mark off a
large loop (with lanes if you plan on obeying them. All vehicles move at
approximately full speed around the loop each turn. Be sure to cut people off,
ram the slow pokes, and force drivers off the road.

Needless to say the road would have to be surrounded with all kinds of
hazards to crash into and knock into the road - telephone poles, exploding
gas pumps, schoolyards full of children (children running onto the highway
convert to a slick traction-destroying liquid upon contact with vehicles),
bottomless ravines, chemical vats, etc.

The real fun of this scenario would be to have as many different types of
vehicles as possible in play.  High-end sports cars like Ferraris would be
the most maneuverable and the least durable, Humvees would have high armor
and traction, tractor-trailers could be filled with gravel or nails or
chickens or jet fuel.  Steamrollers, bulldozers, and farm combines could
hold up traffic.  A biker gang would be a quick cheap way to add numerical
superiority.

An added spin might be to make this a 'Res-Q' game, where score is kept by
who can collect the most cars and bodies (living or dead) to their own
indestructible hospital/vehicle repair bays.  Players would be able to buy
tow trucks to tow disabled vehicles, ambulances to transport burning
corpses, medical choppers to airlift the critically injured, fire trucks to
extinguish burning vehicles so they could be towed, and police cars (police
are only allowed to shoot the Abnormal People).  Obviously, enemy minifigs
and vehicles have to be 'subdued' before they can be taken to your
hospital/repair bay, since it is not covered by their insurance.

'High School Spirit Week'
2-5 players
TechLevel: Any
player plays a characterized click from high school hell.
Hoods +1 skill, access to shop tools, have one motorcycle
Geeks +2 skill(non combat), access to chemicals from lab, library (heavy
books)
Jocks +1 strength (Power), access to sports equipment
Band Kids more minifigs than others, 5 are Beligerant Drummers
Faculty +2 skill, +1 strength, stun or grapple ONLY

I was trying to pitch a computer game version of Columbine a few years ago
(can't figure out why no one wanted to pick it up), but I have all the info
anyone would need to recreate the fun and excitement of this tragic
atrocity, including maps of the high school, weapon lists, high school
equipment (including telephones, cell phones, cameras and alarm systems to
get the police out quicker) and stats for the Klebold/Harris and
Students/Police teams.  Couldn't figure out a good way to keep score except
to have each player play each side and then see who got the highest death
toll as the K/H team.

Your idea is probably a little more palatable than mine.  I would say that
each clique should be able to buy one Hero appropriate to their clique
(Hoods could build some kind of gas-powered steel and metal exosuit for
their leader, the Jocks' leader could have his stats boosted by roid rage,
the Geeks could have one kid who was secretly bitten by a radioactive
spider, etc.).  Each team should also have special inherent abilites; Geeks
would be able to tinker with gas lines (for bunsen burners) and electrical
wiring to create bizarre deathtraps, while Faculty would be able to control
any non-clique students within 8", and so forth.

New Weapon Idea  (please test this weapon for me!!!)
Fast Growing Kudzu (Southern Ivy)Seeds
Spreads 2" each turn
Covers and entangles anything it touches, stopping doors, vehicles, and
troopers. Does 1d6 damage to buildings and vehicles per 4" of Kudzu
Each 2" of Kudzu has 1d4 AV

This is probably the best new weapon concept I've heard in a long time, but
there would have to be some limit to the kudzu's growth or it would reach
the point that no amount of firepower would be able to stop it.  I would
say, each seed pod grows to a maximum radius of 8".  When any section of the
plant's radius exceeds 4", it has a 1 in 6 chance every turn of dropping a
new seed pod at some point along its perimeter (kudzu player's choice).  A
player who could reach the center of the kudzu growth can attack the root
and kill the whole plant.  A dead kudzu does not continue to grow or damage
structures but may still drop new seed pods if any remaining section is
large enough.

- Mike.