 Gaming / 858
Re: Brik Wars Scenarios IN PROGRESS
Newsgroups:
lugnet.gaming
Date:
Fri, 3 Aug 2001 13:56:46 GMT

In lugnet.fun.gaming, Aaron Sneary writes:
I have come up with some scenarios for use in Brik Wars and hope to get some
feedback from anyone who has an opinion. I will list them in their current
(untested) state. I would love it if some of you could test these and tell me
what you find works, or doesn't.

Hey Aaron,

These look great!  I especially like the High School Spirit Week ... with a
nice school-building layout, one could have a great deal of fun with that.  I
really like how you've taken some everyday experiences, put a sick and twisted
slant on them, and made them fun in their all-too-realness!!  I only had one
comment for one of the scenarios ...

'Mad Max'
[snip]
Optional rule:
After ten turns, non-tanker player must roll 1d20 for each vehicle. On a 1,
the vehicle runs out of gas and is immobile. Gas cans have a 1:10 can to
trooper ratio, plus standard CP.

If you want gas shortages to be an aspect of the game, you'll probably want to
consider making these durations *much* shorter.  On average, you'll have to
play 20 turns before a vehicle runs out of fuel.  The longest games we've
played have gone for 6 or 7 hours, and we've never used more than 6 turns in
those.  Brikwars is fascinating that way - each turn only represents something
like a couple of seconds of real time, but all of the action will probably
take place within 10 turns ... by then, most everybody is dead, even in lower
TL games when troops have to get next to each other!

Something more reasonable might be that after 2 turns, the players roll a 1d6
each turn to see if they run out of gas.  Or even if they start the game having
to roll a 1d6 each turn ...

Just some thoughts on running out of gas - But, like I said, I love these
scenarios!

-shaun