 Gaming / 844
Re: Anyone going to Gencon?
Newsgroups:
lugnet.gaming
Date:
Wed, 25 Jul 2001 15:07:26 GMT

Lorbaat wrote:

I was into Magic for quite a while, although it's been a long, long time since
I bought any cards or played.  I still have my whole collection, too, including
a Mox Pearl and a Time Walk.  I've thought about selling them, but can't bring
myself to part with them- after all, who knows when I might want them? :D

I really should sell them. :(

Working on that with all the chaffe. I still want to keep at least one
copy of each for my "Sets". I have completed about 13 of the five
million expansions they've come out with. But sorting through cards, and
getting them Ebay ready is a LOONG arduous task that I haven't taken on
in a LONG time. If I'd just do it I'd have WAY more money to spend on
LEGO!!!

Anyway, unless things have changed drastically, Alpha cards haven't ever been
tournament legal- the corners are cut differently, and you can see them in the
deck from about a mile off.

Supposedly you can play with sleeves now, so Alpha is back in the mix.
For Type one anyway. Though the TYPES of tournament play have LONG been
Greek to me. I've always been one to build silly, themed, casual decks.
The one "tournament" I was in I washed out of after the first or second
game. It was just at a local card store, but the whole tournament scene
turned me off and I never looked back!

--
Matt Brooks
"Blinkin'! Fix your boobs! You look like a bloomin' Picasso!!"