 Gaming / 655
Re: Anyone up for a big castle Brickwars over break?
Newsgroups:
lugnet.gaming
Date:
Mon, 27 Nov 2000 21:18:41 GMT

Yeah, I'd love to play a giant Medival Brikwars.  I don't know about the timing
though.  We are having a meeting of WAMALUG next weekend (the 9th I think).
Planning for that may be short notice.  Unfortunately, I go live with a huge
system at work over the holidays (01/01/01 bug).

I think we need to do a few things in order to make this work:

1. Nail down a date and place early.  A Saturday or Sunday would be best and
allocate 6-8 hours for it.  Maybe after the 1st of the year.  My contract ends
Dec 31st and I will just be killing time before Nepal until Feb.

2. Decide on the terrain and rules.  I think doing hand to hand combat with
thousands of troops will take WAAAAAAAAAY too long.  I think the guys in Ohio
and the Aussies both had big Medival BrikWars games recently.  Any
advice/lessons learned guys?  If we could get the distingushed mass army
collector, Marc "Mr. Baltimore" Nelson, to come down we would have plenty of
troops.
I think we should use a platoon-as-a-unit type thing or a modified large-scale
hand-to-hand and arrow ruleset.  Any advice Mr. Rayhawk?

If we can plan this right we can have the largest medival BrikWars ever. Let's
get the rules right for pacing (think - no more than 5 attacks each per turn
and units start out kind of close).  I wonder what the largest army ever
fielded is?  If we do this right I can capture the entire event on Studios and
make a nifty movie of it. Carmina Bruana anyone? :)

If you wanted to come up near where we wamalugers are, I'm sure we could get
something together.  I talked to Jeff Stembel and he's all for it and Jason
Rowoldt is always itching to play a game of Brickwars. =)  I can't speak for
everyone but I know Stephen is always up for some plastic carnage and we can
probably get some other people in on it if you're still interested.

~Nathan