 Gaming / 579
Re: BrikWars RV question (not from Gino this time...)
Newsgroups:
lugnet.gaming
Date:
Sun, 3 Sep 2000 04:32:48 GMT

In lugnet.fun.gaming, Adrian Drake writes:
The main issue is that this mech is armed with a fairly large number of
small (relative to it) MKII missiles, which chew up enormous emounts of
-CMP".  It seems incongruous to have 4 MKII missiles have as much -CMP"
as a MKV laser, which is a heckuva lot bigger.   So maybe it's less a
problem with me trying to load craploads of stuff onto this mech (which
it really needs *smirk*) and more to do with the CMP penalty on missiles
being a little too stiff.  Anybody else have a comment on that?

Yeah, I kept trying to build the same kind of mechs and running into the same
kind of problem.  The CMP was kept high because for some reason I wanted the
explosives' CMPs to remain the same for troops as for vehicles.  (I guess I
wanted to keep from causing confusion between the two or something.)

Heh.  Um, never mind.  I just reread the 2000 rules, and it seems that MK2
missiles no longer have a CMP.  Oops.  So ignore this paragraph here :)

Then later, I realized it was a dumb idea so I ditched the CMP.

I guess I could do that.  A great big powerful heavy mech probably isn't that
fleet-footed (especially with all the extra armor it has...)

Unless it's a gundam of course.

Hey, it's a TL6 mech.  Haven't you ever watched Macross or Gundam Wing?  Those
things defy the laws of physics on a continuous basis!

There's actually a little bit of gundam satire going into the color text of
the RV revision.  Lately I've been wanting to put together an all-gundam army,
but I don't want to cannibalize the pieces from my civil war scenario.  Maybe
I'll just build a couple of gundams, give Shenlong to Washington and
Deathscythe to Cornwallis.  That's a guaranteed good time for everyone
involved.  I can't wait to robo-stomp some of these plantation houses.

- Mike.