 Gaming / 571
Re: BrikWars this weekend
Newsgroups:
lugnet.loc.us.oh, lugnet.gaming
Date:
Mon, 28 Aug 2000 20:20:40 GMT

In lugnet.loc.us.oh, Gino A. Melone writes:
[I'm bringing .fun.gaming into this thread in case anyone is interested]

In lugnet.loc.us.oh, Adrian Drake writes:
We're probably going to be in town most of the weekend.  Would you be
interested in a multi-day event?  Setup and maybe a skirmish or two Saturday
with a big battle Sunday?!?
That would work great.  Then we can have some nice big armies, and not worry
about running out of time.  And we won't be tearing down at 1 AM either :)
I was thinking that we could plan a couple small battles for Saturday.  Not
worry about nice scenery or anything.  We can use them to hash out some of the
various rule-mods we've discussed.

That could work out well.  I could finally try the skeleton army rules.

Then we can plan a truly collosal battle for Sunday.  If we can do scenery
and such Saturday, and maybe plan to do cleanup Monday, we can probably go
crazy and do a 2500CP each battle or something.

If it's just the two of us, then yeah, we could try that.  But we have to be
very careful with 3 or more people, due to just the sheer time of all the
movements, and calculating opportunity fire (that confuses things so terribly)
and all that stuff.

I'm going to have to build a helluva lot more stuff for something like that.
Or field Kobold and Black Widow.  But I have no idea what the Hypercannon
array on the Black Widow would actually be.

One question comes to mind.  Should we stick with the rules we've been using
or embrace the latest BW2000?  I'd vote for the latter.  But, we need to • expect
to re-examine older units on Saturday.

I think we should embrace the new rules.  The explosive damage on lasers
really annoys me at times.  It means lots of recosting, but that's not too
much effort.  And maybe I'll actually read my troop stats correctly this time
:)

I'm assuming TL6 for the big battle.  Although, if anyone wants to field low
tech or magic, that would be cool.

Most likely TL6, yeah, what with yours and my (and everyone elses)
fascinations with giant mechs.

This is going to be fun.

It'll be something...

     Later,
      Gino A...

By the way, Gino, I have one of your ghost torsos.  The one that was wedged
onto the door of the Squall at the end of our last battle.

Adrian
--
www.brickfrenzy.com