 Gaming / 1543
Re: Castle World: An Idea
Newsgroups:
lugnet.gaming
Date:
Tue, 26 Aug 2003 06:02:41 GMT

In lugnet.gaming, Alex Polimeni wrote:

   Why is something you made going to be allowed, but CQ should be put in Fun.Gaming?

I have no idea what you mean here.. except that you think my ideas belong in castle and yours do not? I’m not sure why you would think this, or what would prompt it. If you’d be so kind, please elaborate.

Only have a short time on herer currently, reply more later

When i was first proposing CQ we all got in a big row. I forget what his name is, but this one guy thought that CQ should go in Fun.Gaming and not in .Castle because it was a game. However, i have seen nothing of the kind proposed against you.

Aramir

ahhh, discussion centered around A gentle Plea. If you notice, I was visibly absent from that particular discussion. There were some merits to the discussion, but in all, IMO some “noise” as it were about Castle Gaming belongs in .Castle.

Actually, I think it would be a key part of the community if I or Matt were to make a sub-section (FTX page) regarding Castle Gaming. When you have finalized the rules for CQ, and the site is ready, please feel free to write to James Brown, moderator of Lugnet.Gaming to get your link on his side-bar. And please feel free to write to Todd Lehman about having a Lugnet Newsgroup (either Lugnet.Gaming.Castle or Lugnet.Castle.Gaming, it doesn’t matter to me).

“As for nothing against you.” That’s because noise like rules and implementation haven’t really started yet. This mostly should be done privately, except if the rules and the game have been published, and a call for public feedback has been asked for. The planning of the design of the game should be done in private or in a .gaming newsgroup. Once the game has been finalized, aspects of the game should be published to Lugnet.Castle to generate additional interest.

Thanks, Ben