Re: Castle World: An Idea
Newsgroups:
lugnet.castle.org.cw
Date:
Thu, 21 Aug 2003 12:50:13 GMT

   This is the one place where i start getting annoyed. CQ is i guess you could say Starship-esque. how come you dont you help me with that instead of creating something different?

Well, from what I’ve seen so far, CQ is not Starship-esque - it is much more like D&D. And I have tried to help in the development of CQ, by offering critiques and problems I’ve seen in how you’ve written it so far.

One of the essential aspects of Starship that I like, which CQ lacks, is the concept of individually owned sectors. Different areas have different rules that govern the specifics of how things are run in that area. CQ’s rules, on the other hand, seem to tend towards making rules that govern every little aspect of gameplay. Do you see the difference?

A good example are your rules concerning building a town, where it costs 500 gold and that character can never leave. With that single rule, you’ve created a currency and valued it (set how much 1 gold can buy). This, I think, is too much specific for good, open gameplay.

Perhaps if you think CQ is just like my idea for a Starship-esque game, please re-read my original idea here.

Lastly, I am currently attempting to participate in the Starship so that I can learn first hand how the game is played, and what aspects can be applied to castle and which can’t. One of the chief things I am concerned with is trying to bend Starship to be more like IOM to produce a unique castle game experience.

   Why is something you made going to be allowed, but CQ should be put in Fun.Gaming?

I have no idea what you mean here.. except that you think my ideas belong in castle and yours do not? I’m not sure why you would think this, or what would prompt it. If you’d be so kind, please elaborate.

-Lenny