 Gaming / 1469
Re: Brikwars at OurCon 04
Newsgroups:
lugnet.org.us.nelug, lugnet.gaming
Date:
Wed, 30 Apr 2003 17:30:02 GMT

In lugnet.org.us.nelug, Wayne McCaul writes:
Actually, didn't Rayhawk run something small-scale and objective-oriented at
BricksWest? It's probably on his site...

It was originally planned to be small-scale, but I ended up way
overbuilding, the game ended up taking about 8 hours.

I think if you strip down the rule to simple move-and-shoot (and maybe a
turn-time limit) you should be able to greatly improve the speed of the
game. But I think an hour-game is really optimistic. :)

I agree, a three-hour time slot is a lot more realistic.

I did set aside a section at the beginning of the 2001 to write a
super-simplified version of the rules, which may be quick enough for an
hour-long game but is not necessarily very satisfying without adding a
couple of things.  If you check the "In a Nutshell" section near the beginning:

http://www.brikwars.com/rules/2001/2001-bookzero.txt

I'm thinking about fleshing this out just a little bit, and adding
similarly-simplified rules for Heroes, something like 7" move and +1 to kill
rolls, and of course the Stupendous Feat.  That should keep things simple
enough to still be fast, but add that one unique element to make it fun.
And the name of this new game will be...

...drumroll...

"QuikWars."

Thank you very much.

- Mike.