 Gaming / 1126
    d20 BrikWars —Mike Rayhawk
   I'm probably the last one to hear about this, but I just got a nice long e-mail from a guy named Jeffrey Schecter that clued me in to this thing Wizards of the Coast is doing, essentially giving free license to any Joe off the street to use Dungeons (...) (22 years ago, 31-May-02, to lugnet.gaming)

        Re: d20 BrikWars —Frank Filz
     (...) I think I agree with your analysis. (...) I'm still mulling about the idea of a brick oriented RPG, but I really feel like staying away from D20. If D20 was being published similar to GURPS where you have a genre agnostic core rule book and (...) (22 years ago, 31-May-02, to lugnet.gaming)

        Re: d20 BrikWars —William Movish
   I know a lot of people have reservations about the d20 system. It is far from perfect, and has its own peculiar brand of illogic (hey, paladin, why dont you put on the sorcerer's Cloak of Charisma so you can heal more damage) but still manages to do (...) (22 years ago, 31-May-02, to lugnet.gaming)

        Re: d20 BrikWars —Frank Filz
   (...) I'm not sure more complex combat systems are really the way to go. While I feel a combat system needs enough detail to make combat interesting, too much detail makes combats take too long. (...) with the core rules. Well, I will have to spend (...) (22 years ago, 31-May-02, to lugnet.gaming)

        Re: d20 BrikWars —William Movish
   (...) I would actually have to say that, to me, the d20 combat system seems to have about the right amount of detail. There are enough rules that make tactics seem worthwhile, without too many minor details to necessitate having to consult the (...) (22 years ago, 31-May-02, to lugnet.gaming)