 Gaming / 1126
1125  |  1127
Subject:
d20 BrikWars
Newsgroups:
lugnet.gaming
Date:
Fri, 31 May 2002 08:13:10 GMT

I'm probably the last one to hear about this, but I just got a nice long
e-mail from a guy named Jeffrey Schecter that clued me in to this thing
Wizards of the Coast is doing, essentially giving free license to any Joe
off the street to use Dungeons & Dragons' d20 system in their own projects:

D20 home page: http://www.wizards.com/D20/
The FAQ: http://www.wizards.com/D20/article.asp?x=dt20010417a

The Open Gaming License: http://www.wizards.com/d20/files/OGLv1.0a.rtf
The D20 System License: http://www.wizards.com/d20/files/d20stlv3.rtf

Now Jeff has this idea that it would be cool to have a d20 BrikWars.  I'm
not so sure.  Seems like BrikWars is optimized for wargaming and d20 is
optimized for role-playing and they probably won't mix well at all.

I do see that there would be some advantages to having conversion tables
that would allow you to import your cherished 16th-level Antipaladin into a
BrikWars game, or import d20 spell lists or monster stats, or on the other
hand convert BrikWars units into d20 units so that your roleplaying party
could suddenly run into a pack of 12 4th-level Jar-Jarses.  Whether or not
that would be worth the time and effort of doing all the necessary math is a
whole other issue.

So I thought I'd bring the conversation over here to fun.gaming to see if
anybody sees some hidden potential in this that I don't.

Secondly, I hate to see the brick-oriented RPG thread die - who's up for
putting together "D20 Castle World" ?

- Mike.