 Gaming / 1119
1118  |  1120
Subject:
Create an Island using the Container Lid from one of the $10 LEGO Dinosaur sets
Newsgroups:
lugnet.general, lugnet.pirates, lugnet.build, lugnet.gaming
Date:
Sun, 26 May 2002 22:31:24 GMT

I couldn't get my dinosaurs to stand securely to the box lid.
("http://www.brickshelf.com/gallery/fwcain/fx/dino-lid-island/just_the_dino_lid
.jpg")

So, I came up with an idea on how to make an insert into the top of the box
lid, to make a more secure base for the dinosaurs to stand atop.
(Incidentally, this makes a good island, however small, for "Evil Stevie's
Pirate Game".)

Here's how:

"http://www.brickshelf.com/gallery/fwcain/fx/dino-lid-island/island_step1.jpg"
"http://www.brickshelf.com/gallery/fwcain/fx/dino-lid-island/island_step2.jpg"
"http://www.brickshelf.com/gallery/fwcain/fx/dino-lid-island/island_step3.jpg"
"http://www.brickshelf.com/gallery/fwcain/fx/dino-lid-island/island_step4.jpg"

(BTW: After creating the images, I found an improvement.  In "Step 4",
substitute two 2x6 plates for the two 2x4 plates, using four extra round 1x1
plates in the "corners", and then add four more round 1x1 plates.  This
actually connects the insert to the lid more securely! ;-)

And here's the result:
"http://www.brickshelf.com/gallery/fwcain/fx/dino-lid-island/000.jpg"

Please LMKWYT! ;-)
Thanks,