 Gaming / 1120
1119  |  1121
Subject:
The kernel of a new game -- All Brick Stories
Newsgroups:
lugnet.gaming
Date:
Mon, 27 May 2002 17:56:10 GMT

Hi all,

I'd been playing with some ideas for an in-depth RPG based on LEGO.  Then Frank
Filz posted the note at http://news.lugnet.com/fun/gaming/?n=1087 which started
a good thread on LEGO RPG issues.  Included in that thread, was a note from
Mike Rayhawk ( http://news.lugnet.com/fun/gaming/?n=1115 ) that got me thinking
about LEGO - game integration issues.  It also (at least temporarily) ended the
direction that my idea was going and sent me off on a much simpler project.

All Brick Stories is a story-generation game designed to be simple and fun, and
designed to evolve from the get go.  You can see the current draft at
http://www.lugnet.com/~45/ABS/ .

Also, if there is sufficient interest, I'd like to actually give the game a go
and see what works and what doesn't.  If you're interested in playing, or have
comments or questions, please feel encouraged to remark.  I know that there is
some redundancy, but if anything is unclear or particularly poorly worded, feel
free to note that kind of stuff also.  I expect to clean it up over the next
week or two, but I just whipped this out between projects at work over this
weekend, so I haven't had time to really get into it.

Chris