 Fun / Holiday / 127
Re: Pictures of My Halloween Display at Zany Brainy
Newsgroups:
lugnet.fun.holiday
Date:
Sat, 23 Nov 2002 13:51:40 GMT

In lugnet.fun.holiday, Brendan Powell Smith writes:
Greg, that minifig graveyard is really great.  Love the tombstone
conrstuction, and those bare trees (with roots even!) are beautiful.  I'm
curious where you acquired all those stone wall bricks for the outer wall of
the graveyard.  I have a few from Harry Potter, but they seem to be a
different pattern than the ones you're using.  They look great, by the way.

Rev., thanks for the compliments.  I was pretty happy with my graveyard
considering that it was thrown together fairly quickly.  I've already
scrapped this version and plan to do something bigger/better next year.  I
wanted to get a few mausoleums squeezed in along with the regular graves.

The brick walls were created with stickers from Studios Set 1382 (Scary
Laborartory).   I've always been sort of anti-sticker with my collection and
this set was possibly the first one ever in which I actually applied all the
stickers that were included.  Just prior to Halloween I found a BrickLink
shop that had a stack of the stickers from this set so I swooped down on
them and with a bunch of 1x2x5's was able to build the wall around the
graveyard.

Thanks for mentioning my trees.  This year I've really gotten into
landscaping with Lego and have really been getting into creating different
trees and plants out of various elements.  A lot of these ideas came out of
my work on my Brickenbloom gardens project.

I really like the clock at the train station as well!

Adding a clock tower to my train station was an idea suggested by fellow
RichLUG member Tim Freshly.  By coincidence, the very next day I was in a
store and saw the Duplo set 3282 Clock Tower Bob. This set includes the the
2x4x2 light yellow brick with the printed clock face on it.  Perfect for the
the train station!

Great work!

Thanks again.  I appreciate you taking time to comment on my work.

G.