 Fun / Community / 36
Re: We realy have to stop this
Newsgroups:
lugnet.fun.community
Date:
Tue, 10 Sep 2002 21:25:56 GMT

In lugnet.castle, Daniel Ravenda writes:
Dude you guys dont have to argue it's ok by me no matter what any one post.
I mean every one is entitled to an opinion. I mean negative or posative its
ok. I know there is lot a tension here ever since castle World died.

Excuse me, but I must reply here a moment.

WHAT!!  I'm dead!?
Please, if you must, refer to me as UNDEAD.
That should clear things up.
I'm not tense, I'm high strung!

I will say this. I am an honor student. I have gotten an A- in english and a
B+ in reading. So I make typos that doesnt say I cant spell it says I cant
type. I am a pretty good skater and have a ton of friends but in summer it
gets boring so because I am home all summer I orginized a contest. Now if
Castle world was still running We could put the contest page on that site
but unfortunatly it will be dead till paul graduates.

No one said you are dumb, there are just a lot of anal retentave folk out
here who get in an uproar because of your grammar and language usage, it
becomes frustrating for those folk to read/decipher.

This is LUGNET, Castle World is something else, another place on the net
entirely as far as I am concerned.  You can still post your own stuff and
stories without Castle World.  I admire CW and all that it is, but it is not
MY castle world.

I don't know about you but I miss the good old days. Some one post about a
story a moc an idea a new page or anything everyone would respond and every
one would always be nice and happy. Ever since castle world die or went on
vacation or what ever people got depressed. There was a lack of post and it
just got boring here. Sure every once in a while a story would pop up maybe
a MOC or two but Its not the same. I came here because it was a nice group
of people but now what kind of an example are we setting. If some one is
looking for a theme he will certainly not come here. All you guys do is
argue and talk about this place being dead. The worst part is we were right.
Sure I started that because the Lego company was neglecting castle.

Gee, people post stories, MOC stuff, and ideas all the time.  Nice and happy
is fine, it still happens occasionally.  There is little new LEGO product in
Castle Theme, and all Themes have sudden drops in posts when that happens.
Boring? Lack of posts?  No it's not the same, many LUGNUTs have moved away
from communication here because of all the flame critique they get.  Dan all
you are doing here is, may I quote you, "argue and talk about this place
being dead."  Stop calling me dead, it's UNDEAD :)

Now that we have an idea on the anger here maybe we should something about
it. First we should always try and be nice but that doesn't mean you cant
say you don't like what the idea or MOC it means try to post your feeling so
the person doesn't feel like no one cares enough to look. Trust me I get
some negative post but dont care at all.

The anger here is misplaced, some were upset by your typing and grammatical
skills and apparent anger at the rest of us "lazy people".  Just understand
that all of us are posting, discussing and commenting.  You may do that as
well.  If people don't like your posts, IGNORE them.  Or send them to the
Flame Chamber™!!  A few bad experiences are had by all of us because of the
tone and use of our and others language/writting skills.  The medium is
often not the best for casual communication because folks tend to get their
knutes knotted.

Second we need to over through the old admins or start a new site. It would
be easyer to over through the old guy but if I have to I will search for new
admins to help me. You know I can olny do so much I am just a kid.

Are you saying that Mutiny on the LUGNET is in order?  Do you really think
that would solve all your problems?  Seems to me that Todd and Suz have done
the best job any one could have.  I think you just need to understand that
the internet is populated by many lurking trolls.  Ignore them or cast a
"ZOT!" spell on them.

We know the problem and well some possible solutions. All we need is to put
in into action. If we can do that they we will truly be a community.
Remember key word is UNITY.

A concerned Castle Dude

Dan A. Ravenda

The question is, do you want a new community, an UNDEAD community, a
community that excludes some, or the ability to deliver the stink eye?

Me, I like my Castle UNDEAD.
The Theme lives on as long as we create within it.
Stories are creating,
3D models are creating,
Pictures are creating,
Posts are creating,