 Fun / *813 (-5)
  Re: What ever happened to the copycat brand TYCO?

(...) Joseph Gonzalez has a Tyco set website. If you haven't seen it, head over to Lugnet.off-topic.clones and there is a link. I think from yesterday. There were two Tyco castle instructions scans, and possibly many more that I did not look at. Oh (...) (23 years ago, 6-Nov-01, to lugnet.fun)

  Re: What ever happened to the copycat brand TYCO?

(...) And when you do, post it to o-t.clone-brands! Maggie C. (23 years ago, 4-Nov-01, to lugnet.fun)

  Re: What ever happened to the copycat brand TYCO?

(...) Thanks for relpying Tony. I agree that Tyco was a high-quality clone, and think that you are correct that it would do quite well today. I still find Tyco amongst the Lego, but can only tell by the name on it because the quality is so good. If (...) (23 years ago, 3-Nov-01, to lugnet.fun)

"Jason Grant" <waytoomanytoys@yahoo.com> wrote in message news:GM79G8.Lr1@lugnet.com... (...) be (...) Lego (...) From what I remember, Lego did sue them, and Lego LOST. I think Tyco stopped making the clone on its own, due to poor sales. Of (...) (23 years ago, 3-Nov-01, to lugnet.fun)

  What ever happened to the copycat brand TYCO?

Does anyone know any history on the "Tyco building sets"? They seemed to be Lego's biggest "copycat" in the 80's. You can still see these on eBay sometimes, especially a brick phone they made. Were they ever sued by Lego for copyright infringement? (...) (23 years ago, 3-Nov-01, to lugnet.fun)

Redisplay Messages:  All | Compact