 Fun / *1213 (-10)
  Re: attn: chemists

(...) " ABS is an amorphous thermoplastic blend. The recipe is 15-35% acrylnitrile, 5-30% butadiene and 40-60% styrene. Depending on the blend different properties can be achieved." As to the original question, it's hard to talk about the molecular (...) (22 years ago, 6-Mar-03, to lugnet.fun, lugnet.general)

  New feature at our website: LEGO Picture Captining

Hello all! First, i'd like to take the opportunity to thank everyone for the 999 votes we have so far for the Minifig Hall of Fame this month!!! It's a huge improvement over last month's 37 votes. We are very happy to announce we have added another (...) (22 years ago, 6-Mar-03, to lugnet.announce, lugnet.fun, lugnet.general) !

  Re: attn: chemists

"Nick Oranzi" <cheez11111@yahoo.com> mumbled in news:HB9B36.C7q@lugnet.com: (...) just tried to find the formula so we could get the molar weight... Acrylonitrile-butadiene-styrene (ABS) resins consist of a styrene- acrylonitrile copolymer matrix (...) (22 years ago, 5-Mar-03, to lugnet.fun, lugnet.general)

  Re: attn: chemists

"Nick Oranzi" <cheez11111@yahoo.com> mumbled in news:HB9B36.C7q@lugnet.com: (...) well that's an interesting question.. let's see.. search google for "lego material plastic carbon" lots of results.. but this one: (URL) us that the material is in (...) (22 years ago, 5-Mar-03, to lugnet.fun, lugnet.general)

  attn: chemists

does anyone know the molecular weight of legos? How much is one mole of our favorite building bricks? Ever since i began chemistry, this question has been bothering me. Fire up the ole mass specs and let's get some data! (22 years ago, 5-Mar-03, to lugnet.fun, lugnet.general)

  MOC MAGLEV Prototype at BW

Hi, In case you missed it at the diner, or didn't make it to BW '03, (or a BayLTC pizza meeting) Ross showed the prototype Maglev vehicle and short "track" that he and I built. Eric Sophie was kind enough to snap and post a pic of it. Its at: (URL) (...) (22 years ago, 3-Mar-03, to lugnet.announce.moc, lugnet.trains, lugnet.fun, lugnet.events.brickswest, lugnet.announce, lugnet.org.us.baylug, lugnet.loc.us.ca.sf) !

  Skeleton is March 2003's Minifig Hall of Famer !!!!!

Oyé Oyé ! For a second month in a row, a castle Minifig is the winner of the Minifig Hall of Fame poll. The skeleton won the poll over Darth Vader and Blacktron 1. www.rotule.qc.ca (in the Minifig Hall of Fame section) To stimulate the voting (only (...) (22 years ago, 1-Mar-03, to lugnet.general, lugnet.announce, lugnet.build.minifigs, lugnet.castle, lugnet.fun.community, lugnet.off-topic.fun) !

  Re: Fibblesnork random LEGO name generator

Ah, well; guess I'll have to write it myself! Seth. (...) (22 years ago, 26-Feb-03, to lugnet.fun)

  Fibblesnork random LEGO name generator

Hello... I sure miss that thing. Todd used to have it at Fibblesnork.com, and although some of the contents of that web site were moved to lugnet.com, the Random Name Generator did not. Is there any hope of ever seeing it again? Thanks! Seth. (22 years ago, 24-Feb-03, to lugnet.fun, lugnet.general)

  Re: IDOL is coming...

(...) Duq, This sounds like an appropriate celebration of such an important holiday... I'll have to do a little of the same, though I'm afraid it won't be anywhere nifty like Ireland. Hope you have a good trip, and find some treasure! May your MOCs (...) (22 years ago, 22-Feb-03, to lugnet.fun.holiday)

Redisplay Messages:  All | Compact