 FAQ / 887
  Re: Color chart

(...) How did you determine what colors to use? I'm asking because the light colors don't come up too well on my computer (true color settings). For example, purple (what I'd call dk. pink, but ne'er mind) shows up pretty close to the real thing, (...) (24 years ago, 29-May-00, to lugnet.faq)

  Re: Color chart

(...) just to keep in mind: lightness will vary depending upon your computer's gamma setting. That is to say, if you're running a Mac with default settings, some colors will look lighter than on my computer or an average PC running Windows. You've (...) (24 years ago, 29-May-00, to lugnet.faq)

  Re: Color chart

(...) I'm no color expert, but what I have learned over the years has told me that color matching is an incredibly difficult art/science. It's interesting, in print media, color matching is difficult, but at least once you've printed something, (...) (24 years ago, 29-May-00, to lugnet.faq)

  Re: Color chart

(...) OK, I see what you mean; but even when I do that, the color is *way* off my brick-pink. As you said, definitely monitor settings- I'm sure it looks better on your computer... itprobably has to do with the fact that I have a flat monitor (just (...) (24 years ago, 29-May-00, to lugnet.faq)

  Re: Color chart

I can explain this somewhat. I worked on Apple system software in graphics for many years. The Macintosh, which Suzanne uses, is set up to attempt to show each level of gray equi-distant from each other, as the eye sees it. This is done by applying (...) (24 years ago, 29-May-00, to lugnet.faq)

  Re: Color chart

(...) cool! (...) Actually, I have a dual monitor setup here. Running OS 9.0.4, I have two main calibration settings saved. One for a PC view on my iMacSE screen (gamma 2.2) and the other is set up for mirroring over to my ViewSonic PT775 (which has (...) (24 years ago, 29-May-00, to lugnet.faq)