 FAQ / 700
Re: Browser Add-On to View DAT Files...
Newsgroups:
lugnet.faq
Date:
Sun, 19 Sep 1999 14:02:21 GMT

Steven Broughton:

However, I guess that means I'm doing something else wrong.

It sounds more like a bug in your browser.

When I click on
the [DAT] link that (I presume) should be a link to the DAT file, I am told
that I am downloading ldraw.cgi.

You aren't. That's just a name your browser grabs from the
URL you download from.

I thought DAT files should end in .dat.

No. They can end in whatever you feel like as long as they
are identified as being LDraw files.

I can remember reading about this problem before (on an
admin group I think) so you could try to search Lugnet.

Play well,

Jacob

PS: It would be very useful to know what browser you use now
    that we seem to have located the problem to a bug in it.

    --  E-mail:          sparre@cats.nbi.dk          --
    --  Web...:  <URL:http://hugin.ldraw.org/LEGO/>  --