 FAQ / 698
Re: Browser Add-On to View DAT Files...
Newsgroups:
lugnet.faq
Date:
Sat, 18 Sep 1999 23:59:55 GMT

Thanks, glad to know that I have the right programs.

However, I guess that means I'm doing something else wrong.  When I click on
the [DAT] link that (I presume) should be a link to the DAT file, I am told
that I am downloading ldraw.cgi.  I thought DAT files should end in .dat.  I
downloaded one file and attempted to rename it, and part of it worked, but I
got several error messages about not being able to find certain files.  Just
for reference, the DAT file I am testing is the Metroliner.  I found it at
http://www.lugnet.com/cad/dat/models/sets/?n=48.  I believe this might be a
multi-part file, so does that mean I need to manually break it up.  I must
admit that I am a new user to all these Ldraw programs, and will be reviewing
the online help to see if it's anything I'm doing wrong.

Once again, I appreciate any help provided.

Thanks,
Steven Broughton

In lugnet.faq, Jacob Sparre Andersen writes:
Steven Broughton:

I'm trying to view the DAT files in the CAD/DAT Files
portion of LUGNET, but I don't have the browser add-on
that is required.

You're wrong here.

I don't know what add-on is needed or where to download it
from.  I do have Ldraw, Ldraw Lite, and MLcad
already.

Any of these will do. The most common choice seems to be
LDLite.

Play well,

Jacob

     --  E-mail:        sparre@cats.nbi.dk         --