 FAQ / 1282 (-10)
  Re: Getting diagonal track to line up properly?

This has been an absolutely great thread, just packed with helpful ideas and findings (even some good track designs to get people thinking! Anyone want to volunteer to write up a summation and share it with Cary so it might get into the FAQ? Thanks (...) (22 years ago, 14-Nov-02, to lugnet.trains, lugnet.faq)

  Re: Help!!!!

Bill, thanks for responding! I've got it straightended out now. -Brian (...) (22 years ago, 13-Nov-02, to lugnet.faq)

  Re: Help!!!!

It's probably because you need to set the followup to a different group. That is a requirement for any of the announce groups. Have you tried that? --Bill. (...) (22 years ago, 11-Nov-02, to lugnet.faq)

  Help!!!!

I don't know where to go for help! I emailed the administrators a week or two ago, with no response. I have been trying to post to lugnet.announce.moc, only to be told I'm not allowed to post in that newsgroup. It seems I can only post in (...) (22 years ago, 10-Nov-02, to lugnet.faq)

  Re: Acronym FAQ Updated

(...) Oh, and if you decide to keep the more obscure ones, maybe you could add TYVM even though it's only been used a few times here. John N. really had me stumped on that one, although you can bet now I'll never forgot what it stands for! :-) TYVM, (...) (22 years ago, 11-Oct-02, to lugnet.faq)

  Re: Acronym FAQ Updated

Shiri & All, (...) Well, I think there is one that MichLUG has been using lately, as more of our members have been getting houses and basements and such. LSF - LEGO Storage Facility. (...) That darn SES guy, always causing trouble! ; ) I can't help (...) (22 years ago, 10-Oct-02, to lugnet.faq)

  Re: Acronym FAQ Updated

(...) You might consider adding: RTFM - read the friendly manual (with other words often substituted for the F). wrt - with respect to HTH, (which I usually intend to mean "hope this helps" as opposed to "hope that helps") John Hansen (22 years ago, 10-Oct-02, to lugnet.faq)

  Re: Acronym FAQ Updated

In lugnet.faq, Shiri Dori writes: [Snip] (...) Not really an acronym, but a term that is used in loc.au: Flubber - The bits of advertising material etc. that come in with a set. Martin (22 years ago, 10-Oct-02, to lugnet.faq)

  Re: Acronym FAQ Updated

(...) Ya! Thanks. I agree with Mags, keep them all. Your marking of common and uncommon is distinction enough. Even the unused ones are interesting curiosities. (22 years ago, 10-Oct-02, to lugnet.faq)

  Re: Acronym FAQ Updated

(...) If you don't mind I'd like to speak up in favor of keeping some of the acronyms on your italicized list, in particular CMIIW, KABOB and KFOL. CMIIW isn't *that* uncommon, and if you count in the posts which use the more formal CMIIAW, which I (...) (22 years ago, 10-Oct-02, to lugnet.faq)

Redisplay Messages:  All | Compact