 FAQ / 1267 (-20)
  How does one make a poll?

Well, I stumbled (rather accidentally) into the polls page... (URL) have now completed all polls to date, excepting those for which I simply didn't have an answer (such as those where "I don't know" or "other" were not options on a subject I didn't (...) (22 years ago, 3-Oct-02, to lugnet.faq, lugnet.general)

  Re: HP Train and Tracks.

(...) duh! Good point, thanks for the reminder and... "Sorry about that chief!" (puts shoe back on) (22 years ago, 17-Sep-02, to lugnet.faq)

  Re: HP Train and Tracks.

(...) ... (...) ... Here's a wild and crazy idea. If you think a thread should be added to the FAQ, how about cross-posting it to lugnet.faq? Thanks Cary (22 years ago, 17-Sep-02, to lugnet.trains, lugnet.harrypotter, lugnet.faq)

  Re: How to start on Lego® trains. What to buy? Which system? // For train FAQ

(...) Wow, that looks great. A few corrections/comments (...) The above is from the FAQ, and I don't thing the last line is correct. I don't have my 12v motor handy (still haven't unpacked since the move), but I think the brass contacts on the motor (...) (22 years ago, 1-Sep-02, to lugnet.faq)

  Re: How to start on Lego® trains. What to buy? Which system? // For train FAQ

(...) I haven't looked at the trains FAQ in a while because, after all, I know everything already. At least some people say I'm a know it all anyway. :-) But wow... Even if you DO know it all, go look. This FAQ is a tour de force in FTX. The (...) (22 years ago, 31-Aug-02, to lugnet.faq, lugnet.trains)

  Re: How to start on Lego® trains. What to buy? Which system? // For train FAQ

(...) ... I've made a first pass at adding the jist of this thread into the FAQ. You can view the results most easily by reading through the first few entries here: (URL) you have ideas to improve this, please let me know. Thanks Cary (22 years ago, 31-Aug-02, to lugnet.trains, lugnet.faq)

  Re: How to start on Lego® trains. What to buy? Which system? // For train FAQ

In lugnet.trains, Reinhard "Ben" Beneke writes: ... (...) ... To fit into the current organization of the train FAQ, I believe this is suggesting additions or rewrites to several existing FAQ entries: - LEGO makes trains? Where can I get them? (URL) (...) (22 years ago, 23-Aug-02, to lugnet.trains, lugnet.faq)

  Influence of heat treatment on Lego® bricks + minifigs

Hi all! Have you ever thought abou the maximum washing temperature for dirty Lego® bricks? At what temperature will Lego® bricks get damaged - for e.g. in summer in your car or in your house's Lego® room under the roof? I did the ultimate test (...) (22 years ago, 23-Jul-02, to lugnet.general, lugnet.faq, lugnet.storage, lugnet.build.minifigs) !!

  Re: Castle FAQ

(...) I don’t know if this is any help, but in my past web-searches I've uncovered what I believe is a quite informative medieval weapons catalogue that would greatly compliment and expand upon Lenny Hoffman’s Guide to Weapons. ~Here’s the (...) (22 years ago, 9-May-02, to lugnet.faq)

  Re: Castle FAQ

(...) I've added it. Thanks. Cary (22 years ago, 9-May-02, to lugnet.faq)

  Re: Castle FAQ

(...) Here's something to add to the resources listing. The Medieval Fortress, J.E. Kaufmann & H.W. Kaufmann, illustrated by Robert M. Jurga, Combined Publishing, ISBN 1-58097-062-1, List price $39.95 (see the Amazon link below). Numerous examples (...) (22 years ago, 9-May-02, to lugnet.faq)

  Re: Castle FAQ

(...) Excellent work, Cary. It looks pretty solid to me; I saw nothing glaring in there. :) Nicely done with the pictures interspersed with the explanations; it moved some of the entries (the helmets esp. come to mind) well up the clarity index. (...) (22 years ago, 9-May-02, to lugnet.faq)

  Re: Request for Implementation of FAQ Reference

(...) I appreciate your suggestions! they sound great. I agree, the FAQ needs improvement, esp in certain "admin-ish" areas. This is mainly my fault, as I haven't worked with Cary enough, to provide him appropriate answers and such (despite his (...) (23 years ago, 24-Mar-02, to lugnet.faq)

  Re: Request for Implementation of FAQ Reference

(...) Duhhhhh! Just found it, sorry... (...) (23 years ago, 24-Mar-02, to lugnet.faq)

  Re: Request for Implementation of FAQ Reference

(...) Before this gets too out of control, does that happen on Lugnet... (laughing to myself) only hourly! I mean this only to be helpful, the admin at Lugnet is doing a fantastic job as far as I am concerned. Much better than I am able to do. My (...) (23 years ago, 24-Mar-02, to lugnet.faq)

  Re: Request for Implementation of FAQ Reference

Mark, I'm unsure if you're asking for more directions on the posting page, or more directions in the FAQ, or both. In the case you think that the FAQ is unclear on how to cross-post, I added this line: "Click _here_ to test cross-posting." Where (...) (23 years ago, 24-Mar-02, to lugnet.admin.general, lugnet.faq)

  Request for Implementation of FAQ Reference

In support of the recent cross-posting FAQ entry: (URL) recommend that: 1. a note be added to the new post script ((URL) under the "Post To: and Request Followups To:" boxes in red warning against multiple posts, with a link to this FAQ (opens in a (...) (23 years ago, 15-Mar-02, to lugnet.admin.general, lugnet.faq)

  Re: Crossposting FAQ, why, when and how to crosspost

<snipped some great stuff!> This is just a thank you to Larry on clearing this up for me! Thanks again! -- Nicole~ (URL) (23 years ago, 15-Mar-02, to lugnet.faq)

  Re: Crossposting FAQ, why, when and how to crosspost

(...) When I go to nntp:rec.toys.lego for instance, Internet Explorer 5.1 on the Macintosh and IE 6.0 on the PC both launch the associated news reader, which defaults to Outlook Express. Outlook Express 6 has the View -> All Headers setting, but I (...) (23 years ago, 15-Mar-02, to lugnet.faq)

  Re: Crossposting FAQ, why, when and how to crosspost

If using Internet Explorer as an NNTP interface to LUGnet, when preparing a "New Post" or "Reply to Group", you need to select "View -> All Headers" (not the default setting) in order to set the FUT field. Kerry (23 years ago, 14-Mar-02, to lugnet.faq)

Redisplay Messages:  All | Compact