 FAQ / 1253
Re: Request for Implementation of FAQ Reference
Newsgroups:
lugnet.faq
Date:
Sun, 24 Mar 2002 16:41:32 GMT

In lugnet.admin.general, Cary Clark writes:
Mark, I'm unsure if you're asking for more directions on the posting page,
or more directions in the FAQ, or both. In the case you think that the FAQ
is unclear on how to cross-post, I added this line:

Before this gets too out of control, does that happen on Lugnet... (laughing
to myself) only hourly!  I mean this only to be helpful, the admin at Lugnet
is doing a fantastic job as far as I am concerned.  Much better than I am
able to do.

     My feelings are getting the information to the user.  The FAQ is great,
my only problem with it is that it can be a little difficult to find the
information when you need it.  Information about posting is under
administrative, right?  Why not have a link just for posting?  Maybe there
isn't enough info before to make it valid, but would make it easier to find.
     My other suggestion is to put a link right on the posting page (where
we type our messages) straight to the posting information (FAQ or other
wise).  My thinking is that when one goes to post and they have a question
on how to post, the answers could be right there in front of them.
Currently the user searches and searches for the answer, gives up and tries
to figure it out.  This is what happened to me, BTW.  Sometimes succeeding,
sometimes failing and inadvertanly causing problems.

Off topic:  Is there a way to contact Lugnet administration without posting?
I can't find any e-mails or anything.

Mark