 FAQ / 1092 (-20)
  Re: Acronym FAQ Update - Alphabetical list

Hi Shiri: I'd strongly recommend leaving in the 'All entries on one page' option. It's fast enough to bring the whole thing in (at least with a broadband connection) and I'd find it disappointing to click on each letter just to find out that there (...) (24 years ago, 6-Mar-01, to lugnet.faq)

  Acronym FAQ Update - Alphabetical list

Hi y'all, There was a big storm warning up here today, so I got a chance to relax, chill out a bit, and do something I've wanted to for a while. So I present to you, the Acronym FAQ, now divided into sections by alphabetical order! (URL) LMKWYT. Do (...) (24 years ago, 6-Mar-01, to lugnet.faq)

  Re: Can one sort NG search results by date?

(...) Yes, but it's not too easy (yet)... (URL) (24 years ago, 13-Feb-01, to lugnet.faq)

  Re: Acronym FAQ Update - links to sets, "play themes" and "lego lines"

(...) FYI, you can throw requests like that at me now. I'm at home on LUGNET almost all day. Todd's at his "day job." That doesn't guarentee I'll be quicker though ;-) -Suz (24 years ago, 8-Feb-01, to lugnet.faq)

  Re: FAQ Needed?

I'll do you one better. Tim, If you (or any robotics expert) will locate posts in lugnet.robotics that contain the most frequent questions and answers (can be the same or different posts) then I'll edit the posts into the FAQ Todd referred to. Or, (...) (24 years ago, 5-Feb-01, to lugnet.robotics, lugnet.faq)

  Re: FAQ Needed?

(...) Or of course, Tim, if you've got enough time on you hands, you could create a robotics FAQ with questions you feel are appropriate, and then ask Cary to link to it. :-) Making an FAQ is easier than one might think... Once I decided to try for (...) (24 years ago, 5-Feb-01, to lugnet.robotics, lugnet.faq)

  Re: FAQ Needed?

(...) Cary Clark has assembled a multi-disciplinary LEGO FAQ here: (URL) on items posted to lugnet.faq over the past couple of years. The robotics section is currently small, but contributions are always welcome (feel free to crosspost questions and (...) (24 years ago, 5-Feb-01, to lugnet.robotics, lugnet.faq)

  Re: Acronym FAQ Update - links to sets, "play themes" and "lego lines"

(...) No sweat, Todd... you're busy. I understand. That's just the way it goes. ;-) And thanks for doing it now! -Shiri (24 years ago, 31-Jan-01, to lugnet.faq)

  Re: Acronym FAQ Update - links to sets, "play themes" and "lego lines"

(...) Sorry, Shiri -- didn't mean to blow you off. It was trivial to fix. --Todd (24 years ago, 31-Jan-01, to lugnet.faq)

  Re: Acronym FAQ Update - links to sets, "play themes" and "lego lines"

(...) he'll listen to you, though. ;-) -Shiri (24 years ago, 30-Jan-01, to lugnet.faq)

Nice work, Shiri! Todd, can you change the link here: (URL) Dori" <shirid@hotmail.com> wrote in message news:G7w1A5.6Gz@lugnet.com... (...) (24 years ago, 28-Jan-01, to lugnet.faq, lugnet.admin.general)

  Re: Acronym FAQ Update - links to sets, "play themes" and "lego lines"

(...) Hmmm, true, I guess it's a service for "oldies" and newbies alike! Glad I could help. (...) Alrighty, but that means I have to add Florida too. ;-) -Shiri (24 years ago, 28-Jan-01, to lugnet.faq)

  Re: Acronym FAQ Update - links to sets, "play themes" and "lego lines"

(...) Nice work Shiri! Thanks! My memory doesn't always work. Now all I need to do is remember where to look instead of remembering all the individual acronyms. One request, please add FL = Fabuland :-) sheree (24 years ago, 28-Jan-01, to lugnet.faq)

  Acronym FAQ Update - links to sets, "play themes" and "lego lines"

Hi everyone, I just updated the LEGO Acronym FAQ: (URL) free to visit, bookmark it if you'd like, and of course comment if there's anything to comment about. I added links directly to all sets and themes mentioned. -Shiri P.S. I'm not quite so sure (...) (24 years ago, 28-Jan-01, to lugnet.faq, lugnet.announce) !!

  Shortcut linking for web interface (was: I believe in GoodWill!)

There are several useful ways to quickly make links that work in the LUGNET Web reader. I believe this is XML. EXAMPLE 1 To link to a set by number type the word "set" followed by a colon and the set number witin arrow brackets without any spaces (...) (24 years ago, 19-Jan-01, to lugnet.general, lugnet.people.newbie, lugnet.faq)

  Buying lego FAQ updated - new questions and answers.

I've added a resource list of stores in Utah (thanks to Mike Quesnell), and 2 new sets of questions on buying on eBay and international buying (thanks to William Brumbach for the suggested questions). The updated version is now available at (URL) . (...) (24 years ago, 18-Jan-01, to lugnet.announce, lugnet.faq, lugnet.market.auction, lugnet.market.buy-sell-trade, lugnet.market.theory)

  Can one sort NG search results by date?

Can one sort NG search results by date? Scott A (24 years ago, 16-Jan-01, to lugnet.faq)

  Re: Can't post via Outlook Express.

(...) The 'From:' header that your newsreader is sending, From: "Felipe G. Coury" <fcoury@creation.com.br> doesn't match what you filled out in the news-posting setup form. It's close, but it's not a match. You filled out the form saying that your (...) (24 years ago, 13-Jan-01, to lugnet.faq, lugnet.admin.nntp)

  Re: Building Scales question...

Tim Culberson <t_c_c@yahoo.com> wrote in message news:3A4FA6A1.412878...hoo.com... (...) Not entirely what you asked for, but... A while ago, I started a quick summary of different modeling scales, including some Lego scales, here: (URL) love to see (...) (24 years ago, 12-Jan-01, to lugnet.faq)

  Re: Can't post via Outlook Express.

Cary, (...) Thanks for the information. It seems that having different True Name and News Name was the problem. Changed them to the same and all seemed to work (I am replying via OE now). Really thanks! Best regards, -- Felipe G. Coury Gerente de (...) (24 years ago, 12-Jan-01, to lugnet.faq)

Redisplay Messages:  All | Compact