 FAQ / 1074
Re: Building Scales question...
Newsgroups:
lugnet.faq
Date:
Fri, 12 Jan 2001 21:44:41 GMT

Tim Culberson <t_c_c@yahoo.com> wrote in message
news:3A4FA6A1.4128782A@yahoo.com...
Okay, so I know that the FAQ contains a small section on "What is
microfig scale"...but I have another question:
What is the difference between minifig scale and classic scale?
Also....what about any other generally accepted scales? (Technic Scale
maybe?)

Not entirely what you asked for, but...

A while ago, I started a quick summary of different modeling scales,
including some Lego scales, here:

http://news.lugnet.com/trains/?n=2494

I'd love to see more Lego scales, "official" and non-, in that list.  And
I've seen quite a few scales just with different peoples' Lego train
models...

Finally....would I be correct in saying that microfig scale applies to
anything built to a smaller scale than minifig?

That works for most folks.  For my own stuff, I make just one more level of
distinction -- nanofig scale is for modelling really really huge things,
like capitol starships.

Cheers,
- jsproat