 FAQ / 1075
Re: Can't post via Outlook Express.
Newsgroups:
lugnet.faq, lugnet.admin.nntp
Date:
Sat, 13 Jan 2001 17:58:22 GMT

In lugnet.faq, Felipe G. Coury writes:
Hi,
I signed up the Post Setup and received return e-mail:
[...]
Altought, every time I try to post something via this News Client, I get
the following message (translated from portuguese):

Outlook Exprass couldn't post the message. Subject 'Remaining parts',
Account: 'LUGNET', Server: 'lugnet.com', Protocol: NNTP, Answer from server:
'441 Users Start Here:  http://www.lugnet.com/news/post/setup/', Port: 119,
Secure (SSL): No, Server error: 441, No. of error: 0x800CCA9.

Please note:

- I am not behind a firewall;
- I have my news account properly set in Outlook Express with the following
info: Name - Felipe G. Coury, E-Mail: (my e-mail, same as registered),
Server Name: lugnet.com, Port: 119.

What is happening?

The 'From:' header that your newsreader is sending,

   From: "Felipe G. Coury" <fcoury@creation.com.br>

doesn't match what you filled out in the news-posting setup form.  It's close,
but it's not a match.  You filled out the form saying that your newsreader
would be sending "Felipe Coury" as your news name but it's actually sending
"Felipe G. Coury".  To fix, you could fill out the news-posting setup form
again to make it match, or change your setup in your newsreader to make it
match...either way would fix the mismatch.

--Todd