 FAQ / 1071
1070  |  1072
Subject:
Can't post via Outlook Express.
Newsgroups:
lugnet.faq
Date:
Fri, 12 Jan 2001 11:22:02 GMT

Hi,

I signed up the Post Setup and received return e-mail:

</START SNIP>
FORM:
   http://www.lugnet.com/news/post/setup/

RESULTS:
   The news server is ready to accept posts from you.  Note that there is a
   special newsgroup set up just for test messages:

      lugnet.off-topic.test

   It's a good idea to post a test-message to that newsgroup first if you are
   uncertain about your ability to post.

DATA:
     True Name:  Felipe G. Coury
   True E-mail:  (my e-mail here)
     News Name:  Felipe Coury
   News E-mail:  (my e-mail here)

LUGNET LIFETIME MEMBERSHIPS:
   Find out more about LUGNET lifetime memberships!
      http://www.lugnet.com/people/members/
</END SNIP>

Altought, every time I try to post something via this News Client, I get the
following message (translated from portuguese):

Outlook Exprass couldn't post the message. Subject 'Remaining parts',
Account: 'LUGNET', Server: 'lugnet.com', Protocol: NNTP, Answer from server:
'441 Users Start Here:  http://www.lugnet.com/news/post/setup/', Port: 119,
Secure (SSL): No, Server error: 441, No. of error: 0x800CCA9.

Please note:

- I am not behind a firewall;
- I have my news account properly set in Outlook Express with the following
info: Name - Felipe G. Coury, E-Mail: (my e-mail, same as registered),
Server Name: lugnet.com, Port: 119.

What is happening?

Thanks in advance,

Felipe Coury