 Fabuland / 498
Re: Chess set
Newsgroups:
lugnet.fabuland
Date:
Sun, 31 Jul 2005 17:47:12 GMT

In lugnet.fabuland, sheree rosenkrantz wrote:
In lugnet.fabuland, Erik Olson wrote:
Something about Clara Cow with a rake makes me think of a rook. Could be the
little points on the rake.

I just taught my wife to play chess using Lego pieces mostly based on 2x2 rounds
and 2x2 domes. Of course the knight took advantage of minifig gear.

I can see Clara as a rook now that you have suggested her.  I don't think I
would have come up with the idea myself.  To distinguish sides, for me is still
problematic.

I'd distinguish sides by dividing the animals into types. In this case, Jungle
animals vs. Farm animals. The chess board could look like this:

Kings: Lion vs. Horse - The Lion naturally and the Horse because he's the
noblest animal on the farm.

Queens: Hippo vs. Cow - Henrietta and Clara seem like the Queens of their
respective sides.

Bishops: Crocodile vs. Goat - No particular reason.

Knights: Parrot vs. Crow - Birds, because the Knight is the only piece that can
jump (or in this case fly) over other pieces.

Rook: Elephant vs. Pig - The Elephant makes a good Rook, the Pig - well it was
the last slot I had open.

Pawns: Monkey vs. Lamb - For Pawns the Monkeys make good fodder, and the poor
Lambs...to the slaughter.

Ken

sheree