 Fabuland / 334
Re: Color of Stairs in Fabuland Sets
Newsgroups:
lugnet.fabuland
Date:
Mon, 10 Sep 2001 00:43:21 GMT

In lugnet.fabuland, Greg Perry writes:
Greetings Fabuland Fans,

I'm hoping someone will be able to answer of a couple of questions about the
stairs that can be found in Fabuland sets.

First, what color is the stairs element that is in the Amusement Park set?
http://guide.lugnet.com/set/3683 The set reference picture and at least one
other I've seen look like red to me.  Is that correct?

There are two sets named "Amusement Park"-3683 and 3681.  You are correct
that the 3683 has the spiral/curved staircase as you stated  in red.
Sometimes it is helpful to look at the instructions at Brickshelf to get a
clearer picture of the element in question.
http://www.brickshelf.com/scans/3000/3683/3683-07.html
The spiral/curved staircase is found in red in only 2 sets- 3674 and 3683.
The spiral/curved staircase is found in yellow in  only 2 sets also-3662 and
3682.

3681, the other "Amusement Park", set has a straight staircase in yellow.
http://www.brickshelf.com/scans/3000/3681/3681-13.html
It is found only in one other set-3676- also in yellow.

There is only one other type of staircase found in the original Fabuland
sets- a large 5 step staircase with a rail only on one side as seen in set
132(US version)/341 (European version).
http://guide.lugnet.com/set/?q=341_2&v=z
It too only comes in yellow and red.

Also, I've purchased an orange stairs piece from Brickbay which hasn't
arrived yet. The description called it a Fabuland piece - does anyone know
what set this one was from?

It is most likely from  Bellvile set 5847.
http://guide.lugnet.com/set/?q=5847_1&v=z
The seller was probably referring to the fact that this staircase shape
originated in Fabuland not that the orange straight staircase was actually
from a Fabuland set.  No orange staircases were in the original Fabuland
sets 1979-1989.

Finally, are there any other stairs colors in the Fabuland sets? (I already
have black and pink ones from Time Twisters and Paradisa sets)

The simplest way to answer this is a directly Quote from one of the many
fact filled pages of Sybrand Bonnsma's Unofficial Fabuland Homepage:

"Staircase curved (orange) in set 5847 (belville surfers paradise) Probably
same size
Staircase curved (black) in set 6497 (timetwisters twisted time train)
staircase curved (light pink) in set 6418 (paradisa country club)/ 6416
(paradisa poolside paradise)
staircase curved (pink) in set 6414 (paradisa dolphin point)
Staircase straight (pink) in set 5870 (belville pretty playland)
staircase straight (drak grey) in set 6270 (pirates forbidden island)
staircase straight (black) in set 6988 (space, alpha centauri outpost)"

http://members.tripod.com/%7ESybrand_Bonsma/fabu1eng.html
[click Inventory then click Parts guide]

The answer to almost any question one can think of about Fabuland can be
found on either one of the pages here or a link from this site.

sheree

Thanks!

Greg