 Fabuland / 199
Re: SURVEY SEZ
Newsgroups:
lugnet.fabuland
Date:
Mon, 21 Aug 2000 07:23:53 GMT

In lugnet.fabuland, Gerry Venteicher writes:
Hey everybody,
As it comes closer to the date for new sets to arrive I thought it may be a
good Idea to get peoples input on what they want to see.
1) Do you want to see Disney sets continue?

Yes and no. The main reason for the no is that I rather would see the real
Fabuland theme with its figures return. Yes because it is in my opinion a good
alternative to Fabuland.

2) What new characters would you like to see?
The character with the most possibilities to create new sets is IMO Donald
Duck. In early Mickey mouse movies Donald appeared together with Mickey and
Goofy. With Donald you have the possibility to continue with Daisy, Uncle
Scrooge and Grandma Duck (A farm?).

3) Do you think sets based on Disney World rides would be cool?  Which ride?
They would be cool, but I don't see them easily connected to the Mickey Mouse
theme. I would rather expect them as a seperate them, maybe for minifgs.

4) Do you have interest in sets being based on Animated Features, for example
Snow White or Lion King.
They might be nice, but as above, I don't see a easy connection with the Mickey
Mouse theme.

5) What Fabuland elements would you like to see brought back?
All :) Especially the scooters were nice and I could use some more windows.

I am excited to see responses.  If you have any other good questions feel
free to list them.

Question 6: What is the origin of the current Mickey Mouse sets ?
I can remember an cartoon of Mickey with Donald and Goofy as fire fighters.
This might be the origin of the Fire Engine. The boat of Mickey's fishing
adventure reminds me of the movie Steamboat Willie.

Thanks,
Gerry

Greetings,

Sybrand