 Events / NWBrickCon / 82
  Animation Competition 2003

Animators, attendees, lurkers, I am happy to announce that Cool Brick Movies (URL) will be sponsoring and running the Animation Competition at NWBrickCon in Seattle, October, 2003. This event will be sure to be a big crowd-getter, and will be fun (...) (21 years ago, 19-Feb-03, to lugnet.events.nwbrickcon, lugnet.animation) !

  Re: Animation Competition 2003

In lugnet.events.nwbrickcon, Seth Rotkin writes: Seth you might want to talk to Todd Thuma about this to pick his brain. He has run several animation festivals for both brickswest and Bricksfest. One thing that occured this past week at BW03 was (...) (21 years ago, 19-Feb-03, to lugnet.events.nwbrickcon, lugnet.animation)

  Re: Animation Competition 2003

(...) Actually, a better solution is to have the animations pre-judged, and show only the best (which can include runners up). This way you can put together a 30-45 minute presentation that most folks will be willing to sit through. If space is (...) (21 years ago, 19-Feb-03, to lugnet.events.nwbrickcon, lugnet.animation, lugnet.events.brickswest)

  Re: Animation Competition 03

Thanks for the suggestions. From everything that I've been hearing, I'm leaning more towards not showing every single entry at the actual Festival. My plan, as of now, is to find some time earlier that day when I could screen all of the films. This (...) (21 years ago, 20-Feb-03, to lugnet.events.nwbrickcon, lugnet.animation)

  Re: Animation Competition 03

Seth, Here are some thoughts that I had from the three animation festivals that I have been envolved with. They are formed as responses to your post. (...) The reason I show every animation sent to me is that I am not comfortable deciding by myself (...) (21 years ago, 20-Feb-03, to lugnet.events.nwbrickcon, lugnet.animation)