 Events / NWBrickCon / 172
Re: NWBrickcon Question
Newsgroups:
lugnet.events.nwbrickcon
Date:
Wed, 8 Oct 2003 00:59:45 GMT
Highlighted:
(details)

In lugnet.events.nwbrickcon, Keith Goldman wrote:
In lugnet.events.nwbrickcon, Bruce Hietbrink wrote:
In lugnet.events.nwbrickcon, Keith Goldman wrote:
I was hoping an attendee of the NWBrickcon could identify the designer of a moc
for me:

<http://www.brickshelf.com/cgi-bin/gallery.cgi?i=534587>

Hmm, looks to me like a Keith Goldman creation . . . um, guess not . . .
Lookslike the Iron Reich has a rival (or possible ally) in the Pacific
Northwest. Awesome layout.

Awesome layout?  Maybe, but I guess the award they won didn't take into acount
creativity or originality.  The moc encorporates just about every design idea
I've put out there, oh, except for the giant white number...I guess these guys
have limits after all.  I know they say that imitation is the sincerest form of
flattery... but with so many options in Lego, they could have disguised it
better, or at least given some credit.  For their next project, I suggest Dan
Jassim's epic staship, the Dragonstar.  Sarcasm aside, maybe this was just some
kind of tribute and I should be honored...I'm sure they are good guys and I'm
making too much out of this.

I seriously don't see this as a good line of inquiry to go down. Ashley and Mark
ARE great guys, they created something really neat and shared it with us and a
lot of paying customers, and you may well be making way way too much of apparent
similarities.