 Events / Chicago House of Bricks / 31
Re: House of Bricks Report
Newsgroups:
lugnet.events.houseofbricks
Date:
Wed, 11 May 2005 16:23:39 GMT

In lugnet.announce, Felix Greco wrote:
   Chicago House of Bricks was a blast! Thank you to everyone who participated. In particular I want to thank Jason Spears for acting as co-coordinator and going out of his way to make sure the display was mind-blowing. Also, a big thanks to Larry P and Joe Meno for their help behind the scenes.

House of Bricks was an attempt to combine our enthusiasm for LEGO with a sci-fi/fantasy convention. To say it was a success would be an understatement. Several attendees and convention staff were heard saying “the LEGO guys made the event”.

What made it a success? First and foremost it was the people in our community who went out of their way to make it great. But another notable factor was the combined enthusiasm of convention-goers for imagination. Whether it was screaming pirates, book authors, gamers, artists, comedians, or masqueraders, there was an appreciation for all things that ‘could’ be. And in that way, we fit perfectly with 2BeCONtinued.

I had a really good time this past weekend. Not much sleep though. It was a pleasure to get know people who I had only met briefly before and to met people who I’d only known their names from the community. Everyone was very friendly and helped others setup and teardown.

The 2BeCon guys (and girls) were easy to work with and went out of their way to make sure things went smoothly. Did you see the excellent sign they made us? Felix, I hope you grabbed that.

I’m looking forward to next year!

Jason Spears | BrickShelf Gallery | MichLUG | CLB