 Events / BrickWorld / 77
  Re: BrickWorld 2007 - who's getting paid?

(...) Mostly, I think it comes down to community volunteers. Lots of people out there were viewing this purely from an attendee standpoint. And yes, from an attendee standpoint, who cares if the 'fest is for-profit or not? If you get your money's (...) (18 years ago, 15-Mar-07, to lugnet.events.brickworld, FTX)

  Re: BrickWorld 2007 - who's getting paid?

(...) There is that--I mean, once being a member of Boy Scouts for many many years, I know that there was lots of coinage from my pocketbook that went to whatever event I was running/volunteered for and with nary a thought of reimburement. Boy (...) (18 years ago, 15-Mar-07, to lugnet.events.brickworld, FTX)

  Re: BrickWorld 2007 - who's getting paid?

(...) If you did this at Brickworld, and BW made money, from what they've said (the quote Marc posted) they would offer to reimburse you for the prize(s). To me, one very important fact is that the organizers of BW have a multi-year contract with (...) (18 years ago, 15-Mar-07, to lugnet.events.brickworld)

  Re: BrickWorld 2007 - who's getting paid?

(...) This whole "profit" "non-profit" conversation is a straw man. AFAIK there have never been any "non-profit" organizations putting on LEGO fests. Non-profit is a category of organization with a specific legal status. What this whole thing boils (...) (18 years ago, 15-Mar-07, to lugnet.events.brickworld, FTX)

  Re: BrickWorld 2007 - who's getting paid?

(...) While I agree in a capitalist sense, I don't agree in a realistic sense. Perhaps it might help if we weren't talking about BrickFest/BrickWorld per se. Or, perhaps if we were talking about them 10 years in the future. I dunno. Anyway, here's (...) (18 years ago, 15-Mar-07, to lugnet.events.brickworld, FTX)