 Events / BrickWorld / 76
Re: Brickworld Announcement - Area Attractions and baseball
Newsgroups:
lugnet.events.brickworld, lugnet.robotics.nxt
Date:
Thu, 15 Mar 2007 14:43:14 GMT

In lugnet.events.brickworld, Steve Hassenplug wrote:
At 09:31 AM 3/15/07, Rafe Donahue wrote:

Of course, the NXT gods will likely have their robots playing
stickball by then
so we won't even need to go to the ballpark...

hmm.  want to field a team?  :)

Ok, thinking out loud now: Well, what about a home run derby or the like?  Maybe
a machine that pitches and a machine that hits...  We could use those red and
blue spheres that come with the nxt...  Would ultrasonic sensor work for
detecting the moving ball?  Would a hitting machine require too much torque and
spin apart?  Maybe kickball would be easier?  How far can an nxt hit a ball?
Would eye protection be required?  Would we need to wear a cup?

Running the bases would be simple; infield fly rule might be tricky... :-)