 Events / BrickWorld / 50
Re: Brickworld Announcement - Area Attractions and Food
Newsgroups:
lugnet.events.brickworld
Date:
Thu, 15 Mar 2007 01:48:18 GMT

In lugnet.events.brickworld, Bryan Bonahoom wrote:
<<https://registration.brickworld.us/images/BrickworldLogo.png>>

Do you have an NLSO (non-Lego significant other)?  Do you have kids that need
more to do than look at Lego over a warm summer weekend?

Do you want to attend Brickworld, but are afraid you might be trapped at a
hotel, stuck with the hotel restaurants and nothing for your family to do?

We have good news for you!!  We have gathered together information on
surrounding attractions and nearby eating establishments.  We want to share
this information with you.

Please join us at Brickworld!!!

[_Attractions:_]

major snipage!

[Brickworld] will be held June 21-24, 2007 at the Westin North Shore Hotel in
Wheeling, IL (a suburb of Chicago).  Register soon to ensure there is room
for your creations to be displayed.  There are a limited number of hotel
rooms set aside at the special Brickworld rate.  Get yours before they are
all gone.

Some upcoming announcements:  more major displays…multiple event kits
representing Chicago and its heritage…Mindstorms and other
competitions…presentations & workshops…and the participation of our favorite
Danish company!!!   …stay tuned…

Best Regards, The Brickworld Team

<https://registration.brickworld.us/ Brickworld Web Site>

Well pointed out Brickworld team!

I would like to add that in addition to the long list above there is sooo much
more.

ILLINOIS railroad museum-- http://www.irm.org/
   This is literally one of the top 5 railroad museums in the United States. I
have spent many days photographing and exploring this very cool place. It’s a
little out of the way but with running trains every weekend and other near by
child activities it's well worth the 1hr drive.

METRA -- http://www.metrarail.com/
    Take the Metra train downtown! This sounds a little weird but simply taking
the train downtown instead of driving is a lot of fun and it's a lot cheaper!
There is even a station close to the event!
http://metrarail.com/Sched/ncs/ncs.shtml

Illinois prairie path--  http://www.ipp.org/GUI/index.html
   Illinois has got one of the best-linked prairie path systems in the country.
If you like jogging or bicycling the IPP is well prepared to take you anywhere
you want to go.

Deer grove forest preserve.--
http://members.aol.com/cmorhiker2/backpack/DeerGrove.html
   In addition to the totally awesome mountain biking trails this park is well
prepared for picnicking, jogging, nature walks, and even the occasional RC
aircraft. Deer grove is truly a beautiful park and well worth the 10-15min
drive.

Arlington Park - horse racing -- http://www.arlingtonpark.com/
    I’ve never been there but with races nearly every weekend your bound to
enjoy one of the few gambling venues in Illinois.

Frank lloyd Wright-- http://www.ci.chi.il.us/Landmarks/Architects/Wright.html
http://www.oprf.com/flw/H&S.html
   There are several buildings built or designed by this amazing architect
within a short drive. If you’re into architecture it's well worth the drive. His
designs are truly timeless and amazing.

Wait there's more!   I have lived in the Chicago suburbs my entire life and I know the area very very well. If you are looking for something specific please don’t hesitate to ask.

Ondrew