 Events / BricksWest / 519
Re: BRICKSWEST™ 2003: IMPERIAL STAR DESTROYER TIMED BUILD
Newsgroups:
lugnet.events.brickswest
Date:
Sun, 26 Jan 2003 12:38:49 GMT

In lugnet.announce, Matthew Gerber writes:
See the official BricksWest web site for further event details:
http://www.brickswest.com

Today we're proud to officially announce the full details of the BricksWest
2003 Imperial Star Destroyer Timed Build competition!

A question that arose on a mailing list I'm on... what things can be brought
with to be used during the attempt? (the answer to this question binds all
the successor record attempts too, of course...)

For example, bringing a complete already built ISD and just swapping it for
the parts that are supplied clearly would not be allowed. Nor would doing so
for subassemblies, the spirit of the contest sort of requires that the build
be of the set that's there.

But can jigs and fixtures be brought? If so, what can they be made of? Only
LEGO(r), or anything?

Similarly, can additional copies of the instructions be brought, or are
participants limited to just the copy that comes with the set being built?
If additional copies are allowed do they need to be original or can they be
photocopied (I would suspect not, since that's a copyright violation,
technically)?

Thanks!