 Events / BrickFest / 499
  Re: Two things I inferred from Brad's talk at Brickfest

(...) Except when you realize that the kind of things we want sell much better than the things their marketing dept. want's to sell. They shouldn't make sets the way we want them because we want to buy them, but because that's what most parents and (...) (23 years ago, 17-Jul-01, to lugnet.events.brickfest, lugnet.lego.direct)

  Re: Two things I inferred from Brad's talk at Brickfest

(...) While on the hole I agree with you. I wonder what you have to back up your statement that "the kind of things we want sell much better that the things their marketing dept. want's to sell"? Was something said at Brickfest that gave you this (...) (23 years ago, 17-Jul-01, to lugnet.events.brickfest, lugnet.lego.direct)

  Re: Two things I inferred from Brad's talk at Brickfest

(...) That's why I used the phrase "we alone". If others want it -- not just us -- I think they'll do it [make the set, bulk pack, whatever]. But as for the comment that what we want sells better than the other stuff, I didn't hear that at all in (...) (23 years ago, 17-Jul-01, to lugnet.events.brickfest, lugnet.lego.direct)

  Re: Two things I inferred from Brad's talk at Brickfest

(...) Remember the comment about the Guarded Inn? Orders from "kids" vastly outnumbered orders from "adults" once the S@H catalog hit the streets. WRT juniorization, the prevailing argument is that it targets the 4-7 age range with easy to build, (...) (23 years ago, 17-Jul-01, to lugnet.events.brickfest, lugnet.lego.direct)

  Re: Two things I inferred from Brad's talk at Brickfest

(...) That only shows that on this specific set, the rest of the enthusiasts and us have the same opinion. And I think Lego anticipated that, or else they wouldn't have re-released the set. It doesn't show that it's selling better than the other (...) (23 years ago, 17-Jul-01, to lugnet.events.brickfest, lugnet.lego.direct)

  Re: Two things I inferred from Brad's talk at Brickfest

In lugnet.events.brickfest, Greg Kramer writes: <snip> (...) OK, so what happens with 10001 and 10002 ? They have missed the (current) catalog mailing. WIll they get a bump from the S@H online store, or will they get 'bumped' when the next catalog (...) (23 years ago, 17-Jul-01, to lugnet.events.brickfest, lugnet.lego.direct)