 Events / BrickFest / 3930
3929  |  3931
Subject:
Robot events at BrickFest™ 2007
Newsgroups:
lugnet.events.brickfest, lugnet.announce, lugnet.events, lugnet.fun.community, lugnet.robotics
Date:
Sat, 10 Mar 2007 06:56:32 GMT
Highlighted:
! (details)

There will be a number of interesting robotic activities at BrickFest™ 2007, which is fast approaching. Don’t forget, if you haven’t registered yet but wish to attend, the preregistration deadline is March 15th.

Here’s a summary of the robotic activities:

First, there are two robot competitions: the Robotic Easter Egg Hunt challenge, and the NXT-only Sumo competition. There will be prizes for the winners!

There will be a round-table discussion on using the NXT. An Introduction to the NXT Mindstorms System for those who haven’t got one yet, and another presentation on Building and Using Robot Gripping Mechanisms for builders of advanced robots -- anything with more than just two wheels!

There will be a Great Ball Contraption, as well as many robots that will be shown.

One thing that, as Mindstorms coordinator, I could use some help on is getting an idea of how many people are considering participating in these events, especially the robot competitions and the number of MOCs that will be brought.

I don’t need a firm commitment on your part, but in order to have enough time for the competitions, if you are considering entering either of them, please either email me (removing the obvious spambot from the email address) or post a reply to this message.

Also, if you are considering bringing a GBC module, please let me know, along with approximately how much linear space (in feet and inches is preferred) your module(s) will need.

Finally, if you are going to bring a robot that needs space to move around it, definitely let me know what your space requirements are. But even if you are bringing stationary robots, or other Technic MOCs, the heads-up would be appreciated.

Again, letting me know isn’t a firm commitment on your part. There is plenty of room, but we want to plan the space utilization out before hand. (And have enough time for the competitions!)

Thanks!

--
David Schilling
BrickFest 2007 Mindstorms Coordinator/Technic Coordinator