 Events / BrickFest / 3935
Re: Robot events at BrickFest™ 2007
Newsgroups:
lugnet.events.brickfest, lugnet.robotics
Date:
Tue, 13 Mar 2007 20:46:07 GMT

In lugnet.events.brickfest, Will Chapman wrote:
Ooh, NXT-Sumo!

David, I sure hope you'll be running your "Getting to know the NXT" breakout
session BEFORE the sumo contest is held!

My NXT remains sealed and unopened on a shelf in my Lego room.  I'll bring
it, and maybe I'll learn enough to be build something to give *you* a decent
challenge! :)

BTW - Autonomous robot? How will you keep someone from driving their
NXT-Sumos via a  BlueTooth-enabled cellphone hidden in their pocket?
4-6-6-8-8-8-8..I win! Heh heh.

---Will

Considering the VAST number of responses I've already received, you might just
win by putting your NXT brick on the sumo table! Of course, if you add motors
and wheels, and drive forward without falling off the table, you'd even get the
bonus point for having something that moves!

Is anyone else thinking of entering, or should I send the prize to Will right
away? :-)

As for the hidden cellphone: remote-controlling has been possible with RCX based
robots already (though not using Bluetooth). I rely on the honesty of the
competitors. My guess is that everyone will have their BT reception turned off
anyway, since it uses a fair bit of power, which is more needed elsewhere. If
someone is paranoid, convinced of cheating, we'll look into it.

--
  David Schilling