 Events / BrickFest / 3535
Re: Brickfest : Anyone arriving on Wednesday ?
Newsgroups:
lugnet.events.brickfest
Date:
Thu, 17 Aug 2006 19:25:57 GMT

In lugnet.events.brickfest, Yvonne Doyle wrote:
hi Folks,

Well, my boyfriend (Peter Reid) and I are going to Brickfest for the first time.
We're going to stay in the Sheraton from the Wednesday. Just wondering if anyone
else is arriving a day early.

I'd be interested in some advice - trying to decide if it is worthwhile to rent
a car for the duration of our trip....are there toy stores worth visiting in the
area near Brickfest ? (not that that is the only thing we would be visiting).
Also, is it easy enough to get around without a car ?

How far is the Hotel from the main bus station in Washington ? We are planning
on heading to New York for a day or 2 after the fest.

One more question - is there anyone in the locality who would be able to help us
out by storing our Lego after the fest for the days we are in New York ?

Looking forward to Brickfest and meeting you all. I'm hoping to see some very
girlie Lego - anyone going all out and building in pinks and pastels ?

BTW Who is coordinating the Mosaic section ?

Happy Building

Yvonne
(YVD)

To answer your last question first--I am coordinating the Mosaic section.  Send
me an email if you have a special request or a need for something (or just
respond here).

I also might be able to help you out with holding your Lego afterwards but I
will be on an inflexible (and mostly unavailable) schedule starting early Monday
morning (the 28th)...but if we can work around that, I can help.  Also, it's
possible--since you're staying there for four or five nights--that the hotel
will hold bags for you after you check out...I'd look into that.

As for transportation, a rental car would make things a bit easier but you can
probably get by without one.  I understand that the hotel has a shuttle that
runs not only to the airport but also to the nearby mall (where the Lego Store
is located).  I wouldn't be surprised if they also had a shuttle to the nearest
Metro station (which would take you to the major tourist destinations in
downtown DC).

Derek