 Events / BrickFest / 3532
Re: Brickfest : Anyone arriving on Wednesday ?
Newsgroups:
lugnet.events.brickfest
Date:
Thu, 17 Aug 2006 15:21:55 GMT

In lugnet.events.brickfest, Yvonne Doyle wrote:
   hi Folks,

Well, my boyfriend (Peter Reid) and I are going to Brickfest for the first time. We’re going to stay in the Sheraton from the Wednesday. Just wondering if anyone else is arriving a day early.

I’d be interested in some advice - trying to decide if it is worthwhile to rent a car for the duration of our trip....are there toy stores worth visiting in the area near Brickfest ? (not that that is the only thing we would be visiting). Also, is it easy enough to get around without a car ?

How far is the Hotel from the main bus station in Washington ? We are planning on heading to New York for a day or 2 after the fest.

One more question - is there anyone in the locality who would be able to help us out by storing our Lego after the fest for the days we are in New York ?

Looking forward to Brickfest and meeting you all. I’m hoping to see some very girlie Lego - anyone going all out and building in pinks and pastels ?

BTW Who is coordinating the Mosaic section ?

Happy Building

Yvonne (YVD)

Yvonne-

This year’s BrickFest is located at Tysons Corner, which happily is the location of the local LEGO store and hardly a dozen miles from Dulles International. The store always gears up for BF, setting aside damaged and one of a kind items to sell at reduced prices just for BF attendees. As you may have seen elsewhere, the store also takes orders for and sells whole boxes of bricks.

For the last two BFs we attended, we rented a car at IAD (Dulles), which has some of the lowest rates in the country (as opposed to NY or Boston, for example). You could easily make it through this BF just by taking the bus to and from the airport and using the buses and (excellent) DC subway system if you want to see some of the area. If all you want to do is LEGO, you won’t need a car at all.

My group arrives very early on Thursday. We expect to use the day to reassemble a single model that were taking in many dozens of pieces that hopefully won’t arrive in 1000s of pieces.

-Ted