 Events / BrickFest / 3352 (-10)
  We are back in France

Hi, It is the first time that I attended BF. I thought that BF is great. Now, I know that BF is huge. BF is not only a marvelous show at GMU but also a great opportunity to meet friendly people at Rocklands. Of course, it has been great pleasure for (...) (19 years ago, 20-Aug-05, to lugnet.events.brickfest)

  Re: What a fest!!!!

(snip) (...) I can echo the feeling over on the Train layout. I was talking to a family about my red train station, when the mom made a gesture and accidentially knocked the stairway roof off. (no big deal, since it just sits on top of the (...) (19 years ago, 19-Aug-05, to lugnet.events.brickfest, FTX)

  Re: The Great Ball Contraption at BrickFest

(...) That's a nice video. It shows all the modules that we had in the loop (at that time). How big is the hi-res version? (...) I'll see if I can get the MLCad drawings posted early next week. Thanks for taking part Steve (19 years ago, 19-Aug-05, to lugnet.events.brickfest)

  Re: Whose angel sculpture was that?

(...) Wasn't that sculpture built as a test of some software he had written? I believe you give it a 3D model and it generates building instructions for you. (19 years ago, 19-Aug-05, to lugnet.events.brickfest, FTX)

  Re: The Great Ball Contraption at BrickFest

Okay, here's a low-res video of the GBC. It doesn't show my module for very long; the camera was still setting itself up to record and I thought I had stood there long enough, but I hadn't. Anyway, it runs for 9:39, has a couple spots where I had to (...) (19 years ago, 19-Aug-05, to lugnet.events.brickfest, FTX)

  Re: Whose angel sculpture was that?

(...) That Angel was created by David Winkler, who is also our NWBrickCon 2005 Art/Sculpture/Mosaic Coordinator. If you wish to contact him, fill out and send the "Contact Us" link at (URL) NWBrickCon> and we'll help you connect. Wayne (19 years ago, 19-Aug-05, to lugnet.events.brickfest, FTX)

  Whose angel sculpture was that?

There was a life-sized angel statue in the Sculpture room. I read the card, but failed to write down (or remember) the name of the builder. Does anyone know who that was, and how to contact him? I'd like to put a picture of it in BrickWiki (on the (...) (19 years ago, 19-Aug-05, to lugnet.events.brickfest, FTX)

  BF05 Photos

Here's a selection of my photos from Brickfest. (URL) (after moderation) Apologies to all those whose wonderful mocs I missed, especially from Build the Trust. This was the best BF yet! See you all next time. Cyndi (19 years ago, 19-Aug-05, to lugnet.events.brickfest)

  Pics Posted including GBC Video

I posted (downsampled to 800x600) pictures from Saturday on BrickShelf: (URL) are 2 AVIs of the GBC on the last page, they're about 58MB in size each. If anyone wants a higher resolution version of anything, let me know... -Rob. (19 years ago, 19-Aug-05, to lugnet.events.brickfest)

  Re: What a fest!!!!

(...) Kevin- I believe that was David Michon. He said he enjoyed working with you and will email you directly (he's too busy building one of your self triggering pneumatic assemblies right now). -Ted (19 years ago, 19-Aug-05, to lugnet.events.brickfest, FTX)

Redisplay Messages:  All | Compact