 Events / BrickFest / 3189
Re: The "Who's Attending BrickFest" list
Newsgroups:
lugnet.events.brickfest
Date:
Sat, 16 Jul 2005 19:25:37 GMT

In lugnet.events.brickfest, Christina Hitchcock wrote:
In lugnet.events.brickfest, Suzanne Rich Green wrote:
I can't seem to get the list to go beyond a certain length (like, 'M'). Are
others experiencing this?

I'm not having that problem but I'll look into it.

Huh, okay. I'll try another 'puter.

I see we're up to 236 sign-ups. There must be a legal cap to how many
may attend.

legal. I'm not to worried about that.

Oohhhh! Yeah, [rolling eyes] it's all no-worry till that -stampeed- over the
limited qty of secret mo[doh! must. keep. secret.] ;-)  I guess I was thinking
of the building's fire codes and required number of rent-a-cops and such. But
I'm glad it won't be a problem. (^^) The more, the merrier.

Our main meeting room had a maximum
capacity of 350. However some of that room will be used for the First LEGO
league and Mindstorms event. So there’s really only seating for 300.

You mean the open, level room upstairs, yes? (...cuz, we always overflow the
lecture room.) btw, I'm super-psyched BF is still in that building. I think it's
an adorable location.

I'm curious, what that number is. btw, what's the highest attendence

Last year we had 280.

HOLY.. !!!! wow. ~(O_O)~ I didn't realize you'd gone past 250ish. [mind reeling]
That's a LOT of LEGO-lover power.. Jeepers. if we could just harness it
somehow.. and use it for Good, of course. [thinking] Why does 280 sound like so
much more than 255 to me? ...I think it has something to do with quarters and
dollar bills. (o.O?) Okay, now I'm picturing a bar with 280 AFOLs in it. Hoh.
ho-yeah, this is gonna rock.

OMG, I am, like, -so- Jones'n for the LEGO-human interaction. I've been in S.
Carolina too long -and- missed BF last year. Anyone else feel like this?

Yikes, I better get my butt in gear on those BF minifigs. (!)

-Suz