 Events / BrickFest / 3092 (-20)
  Re: The Great Ball Contraption at BrickFest

(...) This is such a neat project Steve, thanks so much for organizing it. Several people have emailed me having seen it on other sites like: (URL) (19 years ago, 31-May-05, to lugnet.events.brickfest)

  The Great Ball Contraption at BrickFest

As previously announced (URL), we will be assembling a Great Ball Contraption (URL) at this year's BrickFest. At the same time, we will be attempting to set a new world record for the Largest Rube Goldberg machine (URL) with our Great Ball (...) (19 years ago, 27-May-05, to lugnet.events.brickfest, lugnet.robotics, lugnet.technic, lugnet.announce) !

  Club Logos and Website Club Links for the BrickFest website

The BrickFest Team is calling upon clubs with members attending BrickFest to submit their club logos and URL to BrickFest for inclusion in the Participating Clubs section on the side bar on the home page. The web logo button size is 88 x 31 pixels. (...) (19 years ago, 25-May-05, to lugnet.events.brickfest, lugnet.announce, lugnet.build, lugnet.trains.org, lugnet.people, lugnet.org, lugnet.fun.community, lugnet.events)

  Re: About Emerge

(...) Several babushkas(1) are disappointed, and several are breathing easier! (those that are still breathing, that is) But I think the person MOST relieved is Derek, as his competition went way down. (...) I think Captain Cool Guy aced you out of (...) (19 years ago, 24-May-05, to lugnet.build.sculpture, lugnet.events.brickfest, FTX)

  Re: The BrickFest Team

(...) I'm pleased to announce the addition of two more people to the team. Mosaic and Sculpture Display Coordinator - Felix Greco Bionicle Coordinator - Marc Reinhardt BrickFest is still seeking assistance from individuals that would be interested (...) (19 years ago, 24-May-05, to lugnet.events.brickfest)

  Re: About Emerge

(...) My trip to Russia fell through and so did my bid for county selectman of Space. So, count me in unless the position has been taken. I've emailed Christina as well. Felix (19 years ago, 24-May-05, to lugnet.build.sculpture, lugnet.events.brickfest, FTX)

  Re: Group project: RCX units run emergence simulation

(...) I like the ants idea. What you could have is a "home base" or somewhere the RCX's can return to (some simple sensor based thing), and then a feeding area. In between you have any number of obstacles. The RCX's draw, or follow lines left by (...) (19 years ago, 24-May-05, to lugnet.events.brickfest, lugnet.robotics.rcx)

  Re: Group project: RCX units run emergence simulation

(...) I've never thought of doing it at a mass event (OK, possibly because I've not been to any), but I've thought of doing it on my own. I suspect the biggest drawback is having your RCX's already built into a MOC to bring to BrickFest. (...) If (...) (19 years ago, 24-May-05, to lugnet.events.brickfest, lugnet.robotics.rcx)

  Re: About Emerge

(...) I would, but it's on the wrong end of the country... Heck, I wasn't even able to make it to the PDX event! (19 years ago, 23-May-05, to lugnet.build.sculpture, lugnet.events.brickfest)

  Re: Group project: RCX units run emergence simulation

(...) That's up to John Barnes as Technic/Mindstorms coordinator. It would require a dedicated space all fest, which is hard to come by, and people to coordinate/monitor it, as well as people to devise the standards (may be the same people). So (...) (19 years ago, 23-May-05, to lugnet.events.brickfest, lugnet.robotics.rcx)

  Re: Group project: RCX units run emergence simulation

(...) Which I agree would be a very cool thing to see, especially with some strategic filming. Is there not room for both? Again, it would be neat to include Spybotics as well - depending on the behaviour you are trying to get. (19 years ago, 23-May-05, to lugnet.events.brickfest, lugnet.robotics.rcx)

  Re: Group project: RCX units run emergence simulation

(...) Hi! Cool. Now I'm a cohort ;-) (...) Well, sort of... the robotic forklift I brought to HoB is currently the most complex module (that I *know* about) that requires an RCX, but there are some other options. A ball-sorting mechanism is (...) (19 years ago, 23-May-05, to lugnet.events.brickfest, lugnet.robotics.rcx)

  Re: Group project: RCX units run emergence simulation

(...) TOTALLY agree. Not saying it's not relevant to robotics, there is lots of clever mechanical stuff to be learned from GBC... Just saying it's somewhat in a different direction from leaving a bunch of identical RCX based autonomous mobile (...) (19 years ago, 23-May-05, to lugnet.events.brickfest, lugnet.robotics.rcx)

  Re: Group project: RCX units run emergence simulation

(...) Not having an RCX does not necesarily make it irrelevant to robotics. I consider automatons fairly relevant - and the technique of getting a single motor to do many things is a very valuable one, especially considering the IO limitations of (...) (19 years ago, 23-May-05, to lugnet.events.brickfest, lugnet.robotics.rcx)

  Re: Group project: RCX units run emergence simulation

(...) Right, but haven't you and your cohorts (Hi Brian!) been busily proving that there hasn't yet been a mechanism that NEEDED an RCX? Most of the GBC modules are (brilliantly, elegantly...) purely mechanical except for the train ball return, and (...) (19 years ago, 23-May-05, to lugnet.events.brickfest, lugnet.robotics.rcx)

  Re: Group project: RCX units run emergence simulation

On Sat, May 21, 2005 2:37 pm, Suz said: (...) Suz, While it's not exactly a 'simulation', there is a community project for the robotics/technic areas this year. More will be announced soon, but you can get started by looking here: (URL) (19 years ago, 23-May-05, to lugnet.events.brickfest, lugnet.robotics.rcx)

  Re: About Emerge

(...) Speaking of Vote Counting... Mosaic/Scultpure needs a coordinator for this year's BrickFest. Several people were ALMOST tricked into (...ahem, convinced to help the community out by) doing it but each had some lame excuse like going to Russia, (...) (19 years ago, 23-May-05, to lugnet.build.sculpture, lugnet.events.brickfest, FTX)

  Re: Sorry! (was Re: FAQ Help)

(...) I don't think it really is a question of your behavior, Peter. The rule is that you must be accompanied by a parent/guardian who will assume any liabilty and/or act on your behalf in case anything happens. On a lighter note, I do hope this (...) (19 years ago, 22-May-05, to lugnet.events.brickfest)

  Re: Sorry! (was Re: FAQ Help)

(...) <Snip> (...) Hey Peter, I'm not an official Brickfest person or anything, but I can answer you're questions. You can certainly bring MOCs regardless of age. One of the Castle guys last year was underage and brought some great MOCs. Also, (...) (19 years ago, 22-May-05, to lugnet.events.brickfest)

  Sorry! (was Re: FAQ Help)

(...) Quite sorry for neglecting my email for so long! Just checked my in box and found Christina's reply to my question there too. I keep forgeting that people somtimes reply in email form. As to my age: Whoops I just checked my profile and (...) (19 years ago, 22-May-05, to lugnet.events.brickfest)

Redisplay Messages:  All | Compact