 Events / BrickFest / 3078
Re: Group project: RCX units run emergence simulation
Newsgroups:
lugnet.events.brickfest, lugnet.robotics.rcx
Date:
Mon, 23 May 2005 16:09:56 GMT

In lugnet.events.brickfest, Steve Hassenplug wrote:
On Sat, May 21, 2005 2:37 pm, Suz said:
I've wondered about this for over a year now, but haven't brought it up because
of not making it to the BF events. Now I can't stand it anymore and must ask.

Have RCX owners considered pooling their units to run an event-long simulation?
Each of us probably own 4 or more units. (I know I do.)

Suz,

While it's not exactly a 'simulation', there is a community project for the
robotics/technic areas this year.  More will be announced soon, but you can get
started by looking here:

http://www.teamhassenplug.org/GBC/

Steve

Right, but haven't you and your cohorts (Hi Brian!) been busily proving that
there hasn't yet been a mechanism that NEEDED an RCX? Most of the GBC modules
are (brilliantly, elegantly...) purely mechanical except for the train ball
return, and Brian was claiming that a sufficiently clever mechanical engineer
could do that one without an RCX either....