 Events / BrickFest / 2837 (-20)
  Re: Keynote presentation announcements

Additional announcements: Tim Courtney: James Jessiman Memorial Award - will be formally presented at LEGOWORLD as neither last year's winner or the recepient could be here at BrickFest. We nevertheless would like to announce the 2004 Recepient is (...) (20 years ago, 14-Aug-04, to lugnet.events.brickfest)

  Keynote presentation announcements

I will be posting a few posts in this string with info from the BrickFest 2004 Keynote (14 August 2004) Craig Hicks: The theme was Olympics and people had lots of fun. Todd Thuma: ISD Build "Practice Run" Team members will be reported later Time was (...) (20 years ago, 14-Aug-04, to lugnet.events.brickfest)

  Shhh. Be very, very quiet.

Poor little guy. Must've been tuckered out from all the fun at Brickfest. (URL) (20 years ago, 14-Aug-04, to lugnet.events.brickfest, FTX) !

  Re: Photographers, Videographers, Histographers, and other -ographers!

(...) Maybe he meant cartographers or stenographers? -Orion (20 years ago, 14-Aug-04, to lugnet.events.brickfest)

  BrickFest Friday - some photos

A few photos from Friday... (URL) only got an hour of sleep Thursday night and didn't feel much like taking tons of photos yesterday. There are some nice shots of Rob Hendrix drilling the bejesus out of Episode VI Luke and Episode I Jar-Jar. Check (...) (20 years ago, 14-Aug-04, to lugnet.events.brickfest, lugnet.parts.mod, lugnet.starwars)

  Re: Photographers, Videographers, Histographers, and other -ographers!

Hey Todd, what do you mean by "other"-ographers? Have you ever seen anything unsavory at a BrickFest? --Todd (20 years ago, 14-Aug-04, to lugnet.events.brickfest)

  Re: BrickCast 2004 Live Webcast from Washington DC

(...) Gaël and Didier, You're very welcome. I hope everyone enjoyed the webcast, please join us again tomorrow night for the keynote speech from Jake McKee, Community Liason Manager for the Lego Company. Calum PS-Allan, we found out that we need a (...) (20 years ago, 14-Aug-04, to lugnet.org.ca.rtltoronto, lugnet.events.brickfest)

  Bring your spybots to Brickfest

(...) Thanks to being overwhelmed by other stuff, this hasn't gotten as far as I'd hoped. However, parts are coming together nicely. I've been able to collect 13 Spybots, (stripped down a bit). Tonight, I've finally got a simple program working. (...) (20 years ago, 12-Aug-04, to lugnet.technic, lugnet.events.brickfest, lugnet.robotics)

  HELP! Need Shipping Address

I need some help. I was to have a moonbase module sent to brickfest with a couple of friends, but a portion of it was inadvertantly left behind when they left. I was hoping that someone would volunteer an address so that I could over-night the rest (...) (20 years ago, 12-Aug-04, to lugnet.events.brickfest)

  Re: BrickFest DC 2004 Technic/Mindstorms events

(...) There are daily "feeding time" events at 1:00pm in the Technic/Mindstorms room. This is like feeding time at the sea-lion exhibit at the zoo. All the animals wake up and run around 'cos they're being fed. Well, at BrickFest, feeding time is (...) (20 years ago, 12-Aug-04, to lugnet.technic, lugnet.events.brickfest, lugnet.robotics)

  Re: Photographers, Videographers, Histographers, and other -ographers!

I've always wanted to do a credit-crawl with more than one name; suddenly we'll all have another item for our résumés. Ideas for footage and structure (long): Establishing shots of Arlington and GMU. Emphasis (to the uninitiated) that AFOLs are not (...) (20 years ago, 12-Aug-04, to lugnet.events.brickfest)

  Re: BrickFest DC 2004 Technic/Mindstorms events

(...) So, what *is* a Spybot Swarm? It's on the schedule, but there's no description. I have a Gigamesh I can bring, but what accessories (if any) does it need? (I outfitted it with fat tires because the cloppety-clop tri-wheels annoyed me.) Please (...) (20 years ago, 12-Aug-04, to lugnet.technic, lugnet.events.brickfest, lugnet.robotics)

  BrickFest ditty and sale

Going to BrickFest it seems everyone but me, to America's capitol and George Mason University. Bricks w/o Mortar remains at home, far away from DC, it might as well be Nome. For now I sit in the shop, surrounded by lego wishing I could say for the (...) (20 years ago, 11-Aug-04, to lugnet.market.brickshops, lugnet.events.brickfest)

  Re: Organized photography?

In lugnet.events.brickfest, Nick Kappatos suggested: (...) Restroom -- an *uncluttered* background? Whuh? But on that topic: remember to wash your hands (including all their surfaces) for at least 19 seconds. Rocklands? SHIP? (20 years ago, 11-Aug-04, to lugnet.events.brickfest)

  Re: BrickFest Brick Bazaar and Live Auction!

(...) First, thanks Kevin, for organizing this! This is my first Brickfest (despite having lived very close for years), and I am very much looking forward to it. Although I may be one of Bricklinks' heavy hitters Kevin wrote about, I will not be (...) (20 years ago, 11-Aug-04, to lugnet.events.brickfest, lugnet.market.buy-sell-trade, lugnet.market.auction, FTX)

  BrickCast 2004 Live Webcast from Washington DC

Hi folks, Please join us at BrickFest 2004 in Washington DC via live network webcast: (URL) make it to BF this year? Get in a comfy chair, bring a suitable beverage and boot up your PC for our webcast of the opening, keynote and closing sessions. (...) (20 years ago, 11-Aug-04, to lugnet.events.brickfest, lugnet.announce, lugnet.org.ca.rtltoronto) !

  Micro-Scale Display @ BrickFest

As the day quickly approaches, and I finish off my last minute packing... I want to say a heartfelt thank you to all of you that have made Micro MOCs for the Micro Display for BrickFest. The support and enthusiasm that has been show has been greatly (...) (20 years ago, 11-Aug-04, to lugnet.events.brickfest, lugnet.build.microscale, FTX)

  BrickFest Brick Bazaar and Live Auction!

BrickFest is set to begin in a matter of hours. As a last-minute announcement for attendees, I want to report that the Brick Bazaar should be the best is has ever been. Twenty vendors have signed up for space to display their items for sale. Some of (...) (20 years ago, 11-Aug-04, to lugnet.events.brickfest, lugnet.market.buy-sell-trade, lugnet.market.auction, FTX)

  Re: Organized photography?

(...) DOF is always a problem with macro photography of course. A couple of tricks that I have found are: If you are talking of digital, you can move back, shoot at highest resolution, and then crop. Shoot at 5 meagapixels and when you crop you (...) (20 years ago, 11-Aug-04, to lugnet.events.brickfest, FTX)

  Re: Organized photography?

(...) For the little studio I have, I have been using quartz halogen lighting and white balancing the digital camera to them. I could bring a couple. With proper balance they seem to give pretty good color rendition with my cooppix 5700. I have used (...) (20 years ago, 11-Aug-04, to lugnet.events.brickfest, FTX)

Redisplay Messages:  All | Compact