 Events / BrickFest / 2721
Re: [Followup:] Reserve your BrickFest commemorative container on-line, NOW!
Newsgroups:
lugnet.events.brickfest
Date:
Thu, 22 Jul 2004 02:34:36 GMT

In lugnet.events.brickfest, Michael Huffman wrote:

Also, remember to register your club with me for the BrickFest 2004
LTC Container Swap. So far, I have heard from following clubs who
wish to participate:

Updated list of participating clubs:

   BayLTC     IndyLUG   ParLUGment
   BLTG       LOWLUG    RichLUG
   COLTC      LCLTC     rtlToronto
   DelVaLUG   NCLTC     SCLTC
   FGLTC      NGLTC     SHLTC
   GFLTC      M>LTC     WamaLUG
   GFLUG      MichLTC
   HARDLUG    MichLUG

MichLUG is the parent club of MichLTC. But unlike Robin and the GFLUG/GFLTC
situation, we actually ARE offering two containers and seeking two in exchange.

Why?

Because we often find we are doing more than one show at once, often at opposite
ends of the state. (It's a big state and we're a pretty big club as these things
go) So we'd like to build up two sets of containers if we can, and thus be able
to share the goodness that is containers at all our shows.

Because we can't very well ask other clubs to give us two containers in exchange
for two copies of the same container, we've decided to issue a MichLUG
container, which will be significantly *different* than our older MichLTC
container... for one thing, it will feature the MichLUG "industrial fig in a
gear" logo rather than the MichLTC "DT&I fallen flag" logo.

So we're still going to offer the MichLTC container to those clubs that don't
have it yet, in exchange for THEIR container (so called "delta mode" trading)
but also offer the MichLUG container to ALL clubs and hope they take us up on it
(so called "full mode" trading, since we've never offered it before).

Please advise with any questions or concerns.

Larry Pieniazek
MichLTC SIG chair, MichLUG